New Everton Stadium

And how do the club decide what is a legitimate reason or not?

Or how do they even find out if that reason is true?

People can wait to get a season ticket. Like everyone else.

Well it's pretty simple really they check stub hub or their system and see how many games in the season have had the season ticket cancelled ( something which won't happen if you give to family like you do )

If You sell a high proportion of your tickets for a big profit it should be looked into if your sell loads of tickets randomly throughout the season you should be looked into, if there is a genuine reason there's not a problem.

Well it's pretty simple really they check stub hub or their system and see how many games in the season have had the season ticket cancelled ( something which won't happen if you give to family like you do )

If You sell a high proportion of your tickets for a big profit it should be looked into if your sell loads of tickets randomly throughout the season you should be looked into, if there is a genuine reason there's not a problem.

Looked in to by whom?

The club dont have an investigative arm.

And who then decides what reason is legitimate?

Look, I see where you are coming from as to why you think something needs to be done. It just isn't feasible.

You can read my previous post also.

The club have no way of policing what is and isn't an acceptable mitigating circumstance.

Maybe they should have bum sensors in the seats and an automatic email to owners of vacant seats open to reply. Then a jury decides the fate of the seat holder. Guilty your honour then we build a boys pen and they can do there penance in there with BK. Just an idea.

Maybe they should have bum sensors in the seats and an automatic email to owners of vacant seats open to reply. Then a jury decides the fate of the seat holder. Guilty your honour then we build a boys pen and they can do there penance in there with BK. Just an idea.

That's the kind of good thinking we need to combat lack of attendance in the House.

The people who buy a table/box will likely be existing customers yes, their 10 guests wont be!
I see that a few disagree with me here. I agree that all of their guests won't be existing fans - but many will be.

You only have to look at what happens at other sporting events. The people who get invited to or offered corporate tickets are usually fans anyway who intend on going to the games no matter what ticket they're offered.

There are also plenty of Everton fans who can afford to and would love to upgrade their tickets to corporate, but can't as they are just not available. To say they are people that won't sit behind a post may be true to some extent, but most people aren't sitting behind a post.

My point is, that if we have 4,000 corporate tickets it doesn't translate into 4,000 extra people coming through the gate every week. That too simplistic a view.

I don't agree here, a LOT of corporate boxes are purchased by companies (often local to the area, hence why corporate is such big revenue in London) to enetrtain clients, offer perks to clients or employees. It is a lucrative market and Goodison not only had too few of these but the facilities didn't have the level of luxury or cache to make them attractive for companies to buy as a 'perk' for clients.
Another thing to consider is the general shift away from corporate boxes. I think Meis has mentioned it that the corporate element is now just the prime seats with access to shared lounges rather than private boxes. I don't think there are going to be that many boxes at BM for that reason.

One of the reasons behind this is the tightening rules on corporate gifts, bribery, ethics etc. Many companies - my own included - are giving up their boxes at Twickenham / Wembley / Lords etc for that reason. People are increasingly unable to accept invites to these events from clients.

Another thing to consider is the general shift away from corporate boxes. I think Meis has mentioned it that the corporate element is now just the prime seats with access to shared lounges rather than private boxes. I don't think there are going to be that many boxes at BM for that reason.

One of the reasons behind this is the tightening rules on corporate gifts, bribery, ethics etc. Many companies - my own included - are giving up their boxes at Twickenham / Wembley / Lords etc for that reason. People are increasingly unable to accept invites to these events from clients.

This is a great point actually, those days of entertaining are coming under the microscope.

Same for my company, the amount of ethic courses i have do each year is unreal. I don,t even read the examples anymore, just tick the box that says " Speak to legal "

You have just answered your own question though, "how do they police it' they bring it in house where they sell it back the same as Stubhub do but at face value. People use stub hub to make money whether or not they can make the game or not. It's wrong and unfair on people who genuinely can't get tickets
Some people.

I'd say the majority are happy to cover the cost.

Stubhub is basically legalised ticket touting,be much better to bring that type of thing in house,as for the stadium,I think 52k,if that is the capacity is a little short sighted,when you factor in "new stadium bounce",the fact that its in a prime location for marketing to tourists and day trippers,if due to restrictions because of the site then say so

Went on the ferry for the first time in years at the weekend, the stadium will look stunning in its location, the ferry itself was packed with tourists mainly American etc, if only a small percentage of tourists to the city decide they wanted to see a Premier League game, I just can't see how we'd fail to fill a 60k stadium, even 5 years after its opened.

With just a small but of success on the pitch, at 52k I think tickets would be like gold dust.

If you take time out and read my previous post I said that mitigating circumstances are acceptable and I am aiming at ST holders that purchase for status yet pick and choose. Giving the ticket to mates and so is also ok. So get back on your horse you idiot and ride away.

I literally have never heard of a season ticketer who gets an Everton season ticket for status.

Can just see Stubhub giving out personal info to Everton in relation to purchases...

Don’t know any blue who has a season ticket and doesn’t go the games. I’m sure there are exceptions like mentioned but I haven’t met them.

However, ALL the kopites i know who ‘have’ season tickets are actually just buying someone elses for the season. The actual owner of the ST doesn’t want to give up the ticket because of the huge waiting list. I also think the waiting list is made bigger because people put their name down even if they’re only slightly interested because it’s such a long list. It’s the snowball effect. I question how big the list would be if only the ST owner used the tickets and only genuine buyers put their name down on the waiting list.

Hope this doesn’t happen at Goodison or Bramley Moore (). Not sure how you can prevent it tho.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back