New Everton Stadium

Excuse my lack of knowledge about where that is, as I havnt driven past them docks since visiting me Nan in Crosby about 45 years ago. So, where is it, in relation to BMD?
Its about 4 miles from the proposed stadium,up toward the Pier head,so closer to the Liver building,its a very modern looking design,the way Im looking at it is that its a lot closer to what Id class as heritage sites

...and it means every liner has to sail closely past the stadium on its way to the terminal. Indeed, every ship entering the river will have a wonderful view of the ground.

Just north of the Pier Head isn't it? So I think the opposite end of the development to BMD if memory serves.
Its about 4 miles from the proposed stadium,up toward the Pier head,so closer to the Liver building,its a very modern looking design,the way Im looking at it is that its a lot closer to what Id class as heritage sites

So permission given at the south end of the northern docks for a cruise liner thing. Stadium proposed at the north end of same docks, and a ton of derelict land in between.

Some might say there is a plan afoot.

First of the bookends passed with out any real problems

...and it’s not just the river side of the Dock Road. Just past BMD heading towards the Pier Head, the Old Rum Warehouse is now the stunning Titanic Hotel (where opposition teams now stay when playing us or the Reds), and Tobacco Warehouse development on the other side of the Dock is well under way.

There are so many little architectural gems in that area; turrets, towers, little out buildings. You think it survived the blitz and then years of neglect and can now come back to life.

...and it’s not just the river side of the Dock Road. Just past BMD heading towards the Pier Head, the Old Rum Warehouse is now the stunning Titanic Hotel (where opposition teams now stay when playing us or the Reds), and Tobacco Warehouse development on the other side of the Dock is well under way.

There are so many little architectural gems in that area; turrets, towers, little out buildings. You think it survived the blitz and then years of neglect and can now come back to life.

Bristols docks, whilst small compared to Liverpools, were the same for decades. Just left to rot. But one day, someone, somewhere woke up and saw these warehouses and waterfronts that unlike Liverpool, snaked their way right through the centre of the City.

30 years later, just wow. A mix of utilising the old buildings they could, and fantastic new developments for all sorts have made it a thriving place. Morning, noon, and night.

If it was a stand alone stadium id be very sceptical,but having the terminal that end means theres only one way to build and thats out toward the stadium site,the terminal will bring with it hotel,bar,eateries and travel routes,I mean if anybody can balls up a sure fire thing its us but that site has been chosen for a reason

Thats the narrative a few guessed at a few years ago. Once BMD was announced, it kinda made a credible story.

Bristols docks, whilst small compared to Liverpools, were the same for decades. Just left to rot. But one day, someone, somewhere woke up and saw these warehouses and waterfronts that unlike Liverpool, snaked their way right through the centre of the City.

30 years later, just wow. A mix of utilising the old buildings they could, and fantastic new developments for all sorts have made it a thriving place. Morning, noon, and night.

....I know, I was there a few times 7 or 8 years ago for meetings with work, and the docks are stunning. Went in a few of the bars then remember walking up a big hill to a Chinese and another pub or two. I liked Bristol. I like pubs.

....I know, I was there a few times 7 or 8 years ago for meetings with work, and the docks are stunning. Went in a few of the bars then remember walking up a big hill to a Chinese and another pub or two. I liked Bristol.

That would have been Park Street I would guess. Billions of restaurants up there so not a clue where they took you mind!

The proposed new cruise liner terminal (plus hotel and car park and probably lots more as well) is to be built just north of the current cruise terminal - I'd say that is no more than a mile from BMD, so the liners will come VERY close to the stadium indeed. Can't wait!

The proposed new cruise liner terminal (plus hotel and car park and probably lots more as well) is to be built just north of the current cruise terminal - I'd say that is no more than a mile from BMD, so the liners will come VERY close to the stadium indeed. Can't wait!

Bramley Moore dock is 1.6 miles from the Liver Buildings.....that places the New Cruise Terminal just under 1 mile.

It is wonderful there. When we stayed at the Titanic and looked at the Tobacco Warehouse you couldn’t help but be struck by the sheer scale and quality of the building. Our ground is going to be part of a class environment.....

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back