New Everton Stadium

....from what I see, it’s rumours and conjecture although I appreciate there’s ‘no smoke without fire’. I would expect the Business Case includes quite detailed costs, it would’ve a bit odd if the latest estimate was considerably different.

No idea on the validity of these claims, but it would seem weird, that when we opted for a dockside site, no one thought it would be a decent idea to look at the cost of getting the site ready for a build.

Not like its come as a surprise that it would need to be done is it?

You would think so yes.

However a few of us did mention this kind of thing on here over the years which was largely ignored.

It was obvious the location was going to be at least double the cost of a build somewhere in land.

Seems the powers that be didn't estimate quite how much more.

No doubt brexit and the general financial climate not helping either.

....from what I see, it’s rumours and conjecture although I appreciate there’s ‘no smoke without fire’. I would expect the Business Case includes quite detailed costs, it would’ve a bit odd if the latest estimate was considerably different.

You should know by now Eggs, any rumours about Everton that could mean bad news, are normally 100% true.
Already resigned now to this falling through. Everton that.

You should know by now Eggs, any rumours about Everton that could mean bad news, are normally 100% true.
Already resigned now to this falling through. Everton that.

...i’m still hopeful. I have managed projects so I know how costs can escalate from the original Business Case estimate but this would be a massive hike.

You would think so yes.

However a few of us did mention this kind of thing on here over the years which was largely ignored.

It was obvious the location was going to be at least double the cost of a build somewhere in land.

Seems the powers that be didn't estimate quite how much more.

No doubt brexit and the general financial climate not helping either.

Then why go all through shouting it from the heavens, going through all these pointless, presentations, questionnaires and surveys. Beginning to think Evertons hierarchy loves to massively embarrass us in front of the world. I would be massively disappointed if this fell on its arse again and would seriously lose all faith with Everton ever building a new stadium or believe anything they said
ever again. Again up to now it's rumours, but bad news tends to come true with this club.

Well if this is true, the calculation for Mosh and his mates is straight forward; is the return still worth it.

Seeing they have already publicly stated it is going to be a 100 million to convert the dock alone just to be able to build on it, I would hope they have already done the above.

I think this will be just one of those rumours with little fact behind it. They would have already pulled the plug before the 2nd consultation if so.

Seeing they have already publicly stated it is going to be a 100 million to convert the dock alone just to be able to build on it, I would hope they have already done the above.

I think this will be just one of those rumours with little fact behind it. They would have already pulled the plug before the 2nd consultation if so.
Not so sure on that mate, there has been very little - if any - mention of the club securing the necessary financing for BMD, if financing can't be secured maybe the project is facing mothballing at best or cancellation at worst.

If a 'world class' stadium on the riverfront and a massive social regeneration programme is struggling to attract financial support, maybe we are looking at some disappointing times pending ??

At least no one can blame Bill Kenwright if this is true.
methode%2Ftimes%2Fprodmigration%2Fweb%2Fbin%2F2303bdcc-ea1b-361f-8931-0f638385b474.jpg

To be honest I find this hard to believe.

If it was the cost of building the stadium it self had run out of control then that I could understand.
However, it was known from the first minute what BMD entailed, it was known the types of work that would have had to be carried.
All they had to do was look at this thread at different times where people explained to us non engineering/construction types the nature of the work involved.

We have seen stories on a few occasions this year about how the project is about to fail and they usually come about when there is a vacuum of information regarding the progress of the project.

I think I will wait for a better source than some random Liverpool supporter.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back