New Everton Stadium

You never know what you’re dealing with until you do a full ground survey as it’s impossible to know the composition of the soil/ground when you decide on a site.

It was always going to be a relatively high cost considering the location.

No I wasnt messing, as you say, it would be already built by now, 60k+ with loads of room to expand.

I was suggesting this about a year ago and got dogs abuse for it.

The whole riverside location seemed to blind peoples opinions on it.

But your right, the other site offered an unrestricted plot. 60k wouldn't have been an issue like it is at BMD and there would have been plenty of room to expand again.

Plus it would have been a third of the cost of a 53k BMD ground.

Hopefully it's still available ?

The second the expected costs went to £500m the investment margins will inevitably have gone wafer thin. It probably hasn't taken much change in the cost estimates to put the wisdom of proceeding into serious question

We're all a but touchy here tonight aren't we? Nothing has been officially released and we are apparently going off an rs rumour.

They knew ages ago the cost of filling in the dock, it was factored in, it didn't just get deeper overnight did it?

I'd calm down, everything is in hand, they wouldn't be spending so much on the preparation and consultations and not even have a plan for building it.

Find it hard to believe as surely the land would have been surveyed and estimated ground works would have been done prior to the lease being agreed with Peel for that specific site. Otherwise they would have looked at other sites on the docks or elsewhere in the city (or outside... trololol)

But then again it's Everton, it wouldn't surprise me if they handed over the cheque without anyone ever stepping foot on the site.

This has always been 50/50 at best whether it goes ahead or not but this rumour doesn't hold water to me. Couldn't resist the pun, sorry.

Even the thought of building at BMD would raise these questions, let alone be well down the road in terms of design and consultation.

Of course, it this eventually fails, it will be due to funding but to fail on this specific reasoning regarding the cost of foundation work, then it would truly beggar belief.

If that was the case then the whole lot of them, Moshiri downwards, should immediately depart the club en masse if they had any self-respect, let alone respect for the club and its supporters.

There would be no need to close the door on their way out either. If this doesn't come to fruition within the next five years, then we are never seeing a new stadium in any format and the club is effectively confirmed as a spent force.

You never know what you’re dealing with until you do a full ground survey as it’s impossible to know the composition of the soil/ground when you decide on a site.

It was always going to be a relatively high cost considering the location.

...i’m not in the construction game, but surely all of the surveys were done before now. I can understand your point if the build was underway and they discovered something new, but nothing has been started yet.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back