New Everton Stadium

I was suggesting this about a year ago and got dogs abuse for it.

The whole riverside location seemed to blind peoples opinions on it.

But your right, the other site offered an unrestricted plot. 60k wouldn't have been an issue like it is at BMD and there would have been plenty of room to expand again.

Plus it would have been a third of the cost of a 53k BMD ground.

Hopefully it's still available ?

Would you still believe them if it was ? If this falls through, I'll believe nothing they say and I've been one of Moshiri's biggest fans. Thought all the years of bullshit had finished with Kenwrights demise.

The entire development of the northern docks would appear to hinge on BMD attracting investment for further development, so it's feasible that Peel holdings and LCC would do all they can to facilitate and assist Everton,. Perhaps this is a shot across the bows from the board, help us or the whole development project will sink in the Mersey.?

I'm at a point whereby, If it's true, and it could go either way, i'm not really shocked, and if I'm honest, I'm also not really that bothered.

For all the over the top positive reactions after the reveal, I was kinda left feeling a little disappointed. We were promised the iconic stadium in the iconic location, and if we are honest, it was 1 of those things.

The capacity was never my issue, 53k seems right/reasonable to me for where we are and with costs etc. But the inability to expand seemed prohibitive.

The giant home end seems like a good idea, but the fact it was the same size all the way round lessened that impact for me. We were the 1st team to have 2 tiers all the way round, then we reverted back? It didn't sell me.

Then there was the waterfront location itself. Only we could build a stadium on the waterfront and stick a multistory car park in between.

That's not even going in to depth on the logistical nightmare of getting to and from the ground. It's bad enough getting out the Arena at 1/5th the size.

But you know what? The 1 small piece of optimism that this club hasn't beaten out of me yet in all these years thinks maybe it's a positive.

Bite the bullet, move on, find a new location or redevelop, but in the wake of another failure, it really will have to be world class. Perhaps the costs will be less and allow for the iconic stadium if not the iconic location. Maybe they will have to show the displaced ambition into an area that badly needs it, the team.

Funny that all this comes out a week after Moyes starts on about the redevelopment of Goodison though isn't it? Almost like it was planned.

Obviously, this is Everton, but it sounds like a wind up.

Doubtless, assuming Laing get the job as lead contractor, then we'll find out more soon enough. If the planned meeting goes ahead on November 8th at Goodison where Chong and Kenyon are due to talk to BusinessDesk about the stadium then I reckon we can file the talk here under BS.

In this context, BS doesn't stand for Big Sam

Obviously, this is Everton, but it sounds like a wind up.

Doubtless, assuming Laing get the job as lead contractor, then we'll find out more soon enough. If the planned meeting goes ahead on November 8th at Goodison where Chong and Kenyon are due to talk to BusinessDesk about the stadium then I reckon we can file the talk here under BS.

In this context, BS doesn't stand for Big Sam

What's this 8th November thing?

To be honest I find this hard to believe.

If it was the cost of building the stadium it self had run out of control then that I could understand.
However, it was known from the first minute what BMD entailed, it was known the types of work that would have had to be carried.
All they had to do was look at this thread at different times where people explained to us non engineering/construction types the nature of the work involved.

We have seen stories on a few occasions this year about how the project is about to fail and they usually come about when there is a vacuum of information regarding the progress of the project.

I think I will wait for a better source than some random Liverpool supporter.

It's all a load of tosh. As far as I am aware, there is absolutely no truth in this at all, apart from the cost. Pretty sure they even mentioned this £100m at the reveal at the titanic, using their willingness to pay it as proof if their determination to get it built.

You never know what you’re dealing with until you do a full ground survey as it’s impossible to know the composition of the soil/ground when you decide on a site.

It was always going to be a relatively high cost considering the location.

They have actually had detailed Information on the make up of the ground for a long time now. All Dock basin information is there and available. The very nature of the docks means that it wouldn't have altered very much at all since the original dock construction. But yeah, always going to be expensive, they know how expensive though. The cost is nothing new.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back