New Everton Stadium

If caissons are employed in the foundation construction process, hyperbaric chambers (for decompression) will need to be available. These chambers require a LOT of power and with respect to carbon footprint/global warming considerations (particularly as these threaten the habitat of the spotted dodderil), I am just wondering if this whole stadium gig is a goer...*

* climate change considerations aside: is building a new stadium with totally unobstructed views, a very good idea if you're watching Everton?

For anyone interested. Have a look at this. The Early Construction PDF gives an insight into silt removal, filling a dock in and foundations. Worked on the site during on and off over the last 25 years so having seen the process happen I find it interesting.
Not sure it mentions it, but one of the first tasks was sonar scanning for unexploded WWII bombs.

Ta mate.

So, they removed the silt from Wellington, filled it in, and then built the plant on top of it for about 200 million, but, according to some blerts on the internet, removing the silt and filling in the dock next door is going to be prohibitively expensive, over and above the circa 100 million already mentioned.

Now, admittedly, I think Bramley Moore's bigger than Wellington, but it does seem that some nameless blerts on the interweb are being a bit mischievous and conjuring a story up out of nothing, in the hope that some Evertonians will run with it. To be fair to the blerts, they do seem to have a caught a few tiddlers.

For anyone interested. Have a look at this. The Early Construction PDF gives an insight into silt removal, filling a dock in and foundations. Worked on the site during on and off over the last 25 years so having seen the process happen I find it interesting.
Not sure it mentions it, but one of the first tasks was sonar scanning for unexploded WWII bombs.

Yes it did mate. We had a bathymetric survey done which sends down a sonar signal, and identifies anomalies like bombs and shopping trolleys etc.

I don’t think they found any bombs, although an EOD desk top study proved it had been hammered in the war as you’d expect.

They asking for a 50 million a year deal that dropped to 10 and still can't find anyone willing, which is shocking when they have NFL games there and PL football there.

Spurs just do not have have the clout, history or fanbase to attract a naming sponsor, same thing why West Ham are struggling getting naming rights.

I thought it was a god bit of marketing just to name it the ‘Tottingham Hotspurs Stadium’ to be fair. Gets their brand exposure in the US and all other NFL-watching territories. Could secure them lucrative pre-season tours in North America, as well as some rich plastic fans.

.....usual suspects noisy on here a few nights ago, much quieter now.

Joe Anderson: “it’s absolute nonsense. I think sometimes because there is a gap or a hiatus of information, people want to fill it with gossip. I don’t believe it all, Everton would have spoken to me or the City Council if there was any issue. I understand things are progressing well and I would echo Dan Meis in calling this bullshit.”

Last edited:
Only 2 and a half months to go before planning permission goes in if the club are as good as their word. I'm optimistic that it will happen on schedule but will have my doubts about the whole scheme if it doesn't. That's fair enough isn't it?

.....usual suspects noisy on here a few nights ago, much quieter now.

Joe Anderson: “it’s absolute nonsense. I think sometimes because there is a gap or a hiatus of information, people want to fill it with gossip. I don’t believe it all, Everton would have spoken to me or the City Council if there was any issue. I understand things are progressing well and I would echo Dan Meis in calling this bullshit.”
Anderson is a FF
Fantastic Friend

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back