New Everton Stadium

It's a governance issue: new man comes in and wants to make a fast buck - if others can be wrangled in to pay for it = great. If not, the fans are in quiescent mode for years thinking there's big plans in the offing.

Please wake up and smell the coffee. How many times do these gangsters have to mug you off before you accept it?

Moshiri is behind BMD, not Kenwright. It is BK who has previous, not Moshiri. Was anybody clamouring for a new stadium when he took over? I know I wasn't. Why make a rod for your own back?

How do you know they don't already have offers but they are working on a better deal?

Why would they submit planning if they didn't have an offers after all this time

It will get sorted

I know for a fact, 100% as of about 5/6 months ago there was no funding.

That might have changed or they might now be in the early stages of financing , I don't know. But I was told a while back that they had engaged in several avenues for financial support and each time not got past the first port of call. Basically there was little or no interest.

Again, that might have changed now.

That might have changed or they might now be in the early stages of financing , I don't know. But I was told a while back that they had engaged in several avenues for financial support and each time not got past the first port of call. Basically there was little or no interest.

How do you know for a fact

Hahhahahahahahahaha.

Yeah mate, Moshiri told you late 1 night after a few beers, right?

was not replying you to be arsey, merely asking. The club don't have to announce it though, also they have kept to the timeline they set out publicly
Sorry if I can across a bit tetchy there.

They've kept to their timeline because they've never announced any timeline regarding funding, just planning. They don't have to announce it but I've asked before in this thread what they would gain from not divulging that information compared to the good will they will generate by informing us the funding is in place.

When this was announced nearly, what, 4 years ago? I had assumed funding was going to be moving quickly because at the time it was announced that the council would be securing funding for us. Then Brexit happened and the funding requirement jumped by 66%. The council stated it was no longer looking at partnering with us for funding and since then we haven't been told anything besides they're examining their options.

That's been the status quo for years now and I'm losing faith with the club and this project because it's the elephant in the room nobody has addressed.

How do you know they don't already have offers but they are working on a better deal?

Why would they submit planning if they didn't have an offers after all this time

It will get sorted

I dont. I know nothing about the status of our funding same as all of us. I'm just choosing to assume nothing is in place until it is announced. This is because Everton has made me a pessimist.

You don't need funding in place for the planning as far as I know. The city isn't arsed how we pay for it but they do care about what we are planning to do with the site.

Find it mad that a billionaire owner of a football club, would discuss matters of one of the biggest deals the club has ever been involved in with some lad on a forum with a very dubious posting history.

Moshiri is behind BMD, not Kenwright. It is BK who has previous, not Moshiri. Was anybody clamouring for a new stadium when he took over? I know I wasn't. Why make a rod for your own back?

I did say that the plan was two-fold: schme to get others to pay for a stadium and then cash in + a plan of 'action' to keep the fans quiet during our many downturns.

Moshiri has learned that from Kenwright.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back