New Everton Stadium

Why?

0_Juventus-stadium-2.jpg

The Juve comparison has been done to death. They had 67k stadium that they couldn't fill - albeit the running track probably didn't help, so they had to downsize to meet the demand, with falling attendances throughout the stadiums in Itay, so others are looking to do the same (See the san siro redevelopment for one).

We are going in the opposite direction and all our direct rivals have gone or going bigger than our projected capacity. Don't get me wrong, I like the new stadium, I always said if we could only afford a 48k stadium on the docks then it would still be worth moving, I do however think we are underestimating the support that this club has and we could have gone 55 to 60k and still have been sold out most weeks.

The Juve comparison has been done to death. They had 67k stadium that they couldn't fill - albeit the running track probably didn't help, so they had to downsize to meet the demand, with falling attendances throughout the stadiums in Itay, so others are looking to do the same (See the san siro redevelopment for one).

We are going in the opposite direction and all our direct rivals have gone or going bigger than our projected capacity. Don't get me wrong, I like the new stadium, I always said if we could only afford a 48k stadium on the docks then it would still be worth moving, I do however think we are underestimating the support that this club has and we could have gone 55 to 60k and still have been sold out most weeks.

We arent going the wrong way mate, we are adding 13k extra seats. Plus we are adding vastly more premium seats. Its not about underestimating the attendance, its about having a compact stadium.

I think the Dock site is restrictive and expensive, hence the modest capacity. We could have built a bigger stadium for half the price elsewhere. But Moshiri and I think the fans sold themselves Bramley Moore. So you take whats there.

I know things are better now, but it wasnt that long ago we were selling half season tickets.

52k will be full every week, it will be a world class stadium, anything else is just willy waving.

We arent going the wrong way mate, we are adding 13k extra seats. Plus we are adding vastly more premium seats. Its not about underestimating the attendance, its about having a compact stadium.

I think the Dock site is restrictive and expensive, hence the modest capacity. We could have built a bigger stadium for half the price elsewhere. But Moshiri and I think the fans sold themselves Bramley Moore. So you take whats there.

I know things are better now, but it wasnt that long ago we were selling half season tickets.

52k will be full every week, it will be a world class stadium, anything else is just willy waving.

We were selling half season tickets due to the fact the facilities at Goodison are horrendous. Those times you talk of should actually be how full Goodison is now with clear diagonal unsold seats going away from the pillars so you can actually see the game. I paid £49 last time and I wasn't able to see part of a goal and who was taking a corner kick!

It's fine if you are a season ticket holder and you happen to be in front of these but the people behind are getting short changed. It's only jam packed now due to the fact that it is getting to last x amount of games at Goodison and everyone is willing to put up with a crap view.

I take what you say about the site and the expense and having a compact ground and I don't think you are wrong. Like I say I'm ok with it but I don't see it as willy waving, just trying to make sure the Evertonians who want to get to the game can. To me this is a 10k expansion over what we have now as they'll be 43k standard seats over the 33k ish that are currently at Goodison. The premium seating is going to be mostly out of reach to the general supporter bar a very occasional game. That is one of the smallest increases moving to a new stadium as far as I can recall. Maybe it's genius for the points you make, I see it as under playing our hand. But it is what it is and we have to be happy whatever.

Not many people are going to pay for premium seats. We have one of the lowest priced tickets in the league already.

Ticket prices are likely to be increased for the new stadium, pricing some people out.

Also if there is likely to be seats going to general sale for a lot of games

Not many people are going to pay for premium seats. We have one of the lowest priced tickets in the league already.

Ticket prices are likely to be increased for the new stadium, pricing some people out.

Also if there is likely to be seats going to general sale for a lot of games

And what will happen to the 8000 people currently on the waiting list?

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back