New Everton Stadium

I wouldn't class the commonwealth stadium build as a big build as I'm guessing the first stage of the was for less than 40,000 with a big temporary stand included (also a lot easier and faster to build) and the second stage (a year later?) for when it became City's stadium was for around 15,000.

Oh, would you not? What is a big build? Does a big build only start at 62,000? Do you not think that there were different challenges on the Commonwealth stadium than you will find on others?

I wouldn't mind betting that more earth was shifted for the Etihad than there was for the THFC stadium, does that make it a big build?

Honest to God, you Spurs supporters seem to have crawled right up your own backsides since you built an NFL stadium.

Oh, would you not? What is a big build? Does a big build only start at 62,000? Do you not think that there were different challenges on the Commonwealth stadium than you will find on others?

I wouldn't mind betting that more earth was shifted for the Etihad than there was for the THFC stadium, does that make it a big build?

Honest to God, you Spurs supporters seem to have crawled right up your own backsides since you built an NFL stadium.

I wrote BIG STADIUM build and if you class the 38,000 Commonwealth Stadium to be a big stadium then we don't agree on that point.

If you think Spurs fans have "Crawled up their own Arse" since their new stadium build, I would suggest that since lockdown, they may now be regretting that attitude?
Honest to God, you're welcome to your opinion ;).

Yeah and the amount of times you have to tell the supporters not to push up the glass from the bottom as the beer will come out.... yeah you can imagine its lots of times!!!

I did push the button, couldn't help it, about 10 minutes after I did it you just heard another slush sound and another lad holding the bottom of his pint looking surprised

I wrote BIG STADIUM build and if you class the 38,000 Commonwealth Stadium to be a big stadium then we don't agree on that point.

If you think Spurs fans have "Crawled up their own Arse" since their new stadium build, I would suggest that since lockdown, they may now be regretting that attitude?
Honest to God, you're welcome to your opinion ;).

It was a 40k capacity for the games, which put it as the 11th biggest stadium in England, before the change in use. In a country with 92 league stadiums, that has to be up there, surely.

I have no idea how old you are, but in terms of 'Big stadium builds' just how many have you seen? Grounds built bigger than 40k?

Emirates, Wembley, Tottenham?

It was a 40k capacity for the games, which put it as the 11th biggest stadium in England, before the change in use. In a country with 92 league stadiums, that has to be up there, surely.

I have no idea how old you are, but in terms of 'Big stadium builds' just how many have you seen? Grounds built bigger than 40k?

Oh, and bigger doesn't mean more complex/prone to delay. Once your past a certain size, its much of a muchness when dealing with bowls.

Wembleys maximum capacity is similar to that of the birds nest in China, but the Birds nest was vastly more complex due to its design. That finished on time.

1)
I looked online and it said 38,000 and as I said, if you think that makes it a big stadium then that's fine, that's your opinion.

2)
In the conversation, we were talking about stadiums outside of the U.K. and I mentioned the big 54,000 Valencia stadium that's been half built for years (as well as Barca and Madrids stadium upgrades.)

3)
I am not sure what you're asking here.
Are you asking me how many new big stadium builds I've been to?

Quite amazing stadium being built in Liverpool.

bramley moore.webp

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back