New Everton Stadium

Sound, but we arent celebrating Bramley Moore by building a stadium in his name.

It's often referred to as BMD Stadium. We've all done it and even official club documents call it that as well. That needs to end now. And I'll be surprised if the club aren't looking closely at Bramley Moores' commercial history and swerving any association with his name.

I had never heard of him till Dave decided to find a new hill to die on. I very very much doubt he had a clue till 5.00pm today neither.
We'll it's hardly a cause (toppling statues / ending name association) that I've championed. I look at this through the prism of what's best for Everton...or should we just wait for the attention to be focussed on the issue and the club by outsiders who might use it to damage us?

It's often referred to as BMD Stadium. We've all done it and even official club documents call it that as well. That needs to end now. And I'll be surprised if the club aren't looking closely at Bramley Moores' commercial history and swerving any association with his name.

Yeah Dave, I can imagine the club has its brightest minds tracing his CV from 300 years ago.

Plot twist, nobody but you is arsed.

We'll it's hardly a cause (toppling statues / ending name association) that I've championed. I look at this through the prism of what's best for Everton...or should we just wait for the attention to be focussed on the issue and the club by outsiders who might use it to damage us?

Usmanov hasnt given us 30m to name the stadium after a slave trader.

If you want the site renamed, then get onto the council.

Nah.

Its a nonsense that will be forgotten soon.

Bramley Moore made his fortune off slaves cutting sugar cane and picking coffee.

It's relevant. It's not going to go away.

Bramley Moore made his fortune off slaves cutting sugar cane and picking coffee.

It's relevant. It's not going to go away.

If you had pointed this out 3 years ago, you would appear sane. As it is, (and you dont even know if he was a slaver), its a Friday night crusade that one person in the universe gives a crap about.

If you had pointed this out 3 years ago, you would appear sane. As it is, (and you dont even know if he was a slaver), its a Friday night crusade that one person in the universe gives a crap about.
No mate. Does it ;ook like this is going away any toime son?

Footy clubs are VERY nervous about any association with controversy and exclusivity. Everton perhaps more so than others.

He was a civil engineer. He worked for the Corpy.

Did they have indentured slaves in Walton? :oops:
It was around the turn of century when George W. Goodison moved back to Merseyside and took up residence at Beech Lawn in Waterloo. He is now 57 years old and his wife is 55. There is no mention of children. The couple has three servants employed at their home two of which are sisters.

RENAME GOODISON NOW

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back