New Everton Stadium

If the planning application takes us to September, 9 months after submission, then we will not meet the KPIs set out for the project.

I’d argue the Echo Arena is a more complex site due to its proximity to the city centre.

Its what I mentioned previously - any large delay also affects the club financially - not only does it prevent the club bringing in additional revenue but also imagine Usmanov's naming rights deal is £20-30 million a season - thats alot of money to be missing out on for the club if its pushed back a full season or so.

Are you aware that we live in a world that has the technology to allow people to work remotely?

Are you aware that there are platforms that allow meetings to take place, such as Microsoft Teams, etc, that allows sharing of screens, among other useful applications?

They haven’t been furloughed and the planning department have a job to do. They need to hurry up and get a move on with the decision. Any delay that disrupts the timetable of the build will have an impact on jobs and the city’s economy.

is not just the planning department numbnuts.

your ignorance and lack of understanding is marvellous

Its what I mentioned previously - any large delay also affects the club financially - not only does it prevent the club bringing in additional revenue but also imagine Usmanov's naming rights deal is £20-30 million a season - thats alot of money to be missing out on for the club if its pushed back a full season or so.
The early whispers that the club were putting out at the start of this pandemic was that it would not have an effect on the timeline for the stadium.

Construction work is back now, albeit with restrictions in place, and the early part of the build timeline is to fill in the dock.

LCC must get a move on. It isn’t just the club who desperately need this stadium now, it is a city in dire need of an economical boost. LCC have already said they’re on the verge of bankruptcy.

Inappropriate Behaviour
Do you though?? Do you know anything about the inner workings of LCC or the planning process?? Because given your post, it’s clear you don’t
I know enough to make a comment on a discussion forum about my club’s potential stadium move.

Seeing as you are the fount of knowledge for LCC and planning, perhaps you can enlighten everyone with your wisdom?

As I said, you condensing prick.

Are you aware that we live in a world that has the technology to allow people to work remotely?

Are you aware that there are platforms that allow meetings to take place, such as Microsoft Teams, etc, that allows sharing of screens, among other useful applications?

They haven’t been furloughed and the planning department have a job to do. They need to hurry up and get a move on with the decision. Any delay that disrupts the timetable of the build will have an impact on jobs and the city’s economy.
I'm well aware of that as I am doing it myself, and I also know that it makes things slower and more convoluted, weapon

No one is saying they’re not able to do their jobs properly. The point is that the virus has thrown up a whole host of issues for all businesses, not least the government and councils, that will probably be eating up resources and weren’t allowed for when the original timetable was drawn up. I can’t believe you don’t think it’s reasonable for the decision to be delayed a bit...

No one is saying they’re not able to do their jobs properly. The point is that the virus has thrown up a whole host of issues for all businesses, not least the government and councils, that will probably be eating up resources and weren’t allowed for when the original timetable was drawn up. I can’t believe you don’t think it’s reasonable for the decision to be delayed a bit...

The vast majority of Liverpool Council'smeetings are cancelled until further notice and many of its staff are focusing on the response to the outbreak.

However planning committee meetings are currently still going ahead, lowering the chances that a backlog of applications could push approval for the stadium back.

The club seemed to think that it wouldn’t slow the council’s decision down. This date of ‘early summer’ looks to be slipping.

The article is almost three months ago. Like most organisations, they would have adapted even further in that time to find alternative ways to work.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back