New Everton Stadium

I think the man is clever by tweeting this and keeping it so cryptic. It keeps people talking about he's company but reading some of those replies it looked i had accidentally gone onto a Newcastle United fans site talking about the on off takeover.

It could be related to any project he's company has worked on so probably nothing at all to worry about?

I think the man is clever by tweeting this and keeping it so cryptic. It keeps people talking about he's company but reading some of those replies it looked i had accidentally gone onto a Newcastle United fans site talking about the on off takeover.

It could be related to any project he's company has worked on so probably nothing at all to worry about?
Yeah your right it could be any project but it’s Everton we’re talking about

Pat, pat, pat.

If Dan Meis was removed with immediate effect from absolutely anything Everton related, the project would now carry on like he never existed. There is zero risk to the project based upon the involvement of Meis. His work has largely been done, and he's been paid very handsomely for the work he has completed. He would be involved much less now that the projects edges into delivery stages.

When you’ve had two stadium moves collapse, with other muted moves coming to nothing, it would be more understandable that we’re on edge.

That Meis tweet is much more likely to be for an upcoming project that he was probably given the indication they would use his company to design it but then they decided against it.

Once you have already designed the stadium and it is in for PP, turning back now could only be due to funding which would mean Everton wouldn't have to tell Meis it isn't personal at all.

Don’t know if this was already posted, little
snippet from Greg O’Keefe’s article in the Athletic on Monday

“It’s natural to worry if COVID-19 will impact the dream of moving to Bramley Moore in a few years, but the club remains quietly confident. The goodwill around a move that could provide an economic boost for the region required now more than ever remains, and next month the council are set to make their decision on planning approval.”
"No one refers to it as Bramley Moore anyway Dave".

That Meis tweet is much more likely to be for an upcoming project that he was probably given the indication they would use his company to design it but then they decided against it.

Once you have already designed the stadium and it is in for PP, turning back now could only be due to funding which would mean Everton wouldn't have to tell Meis it isn't personal at all.

Wont stop some from flapping though - im more arsed about LCC taking an age to grant PP than a blokes cryptic tweet.

Wont stop some from flapping though - im more arsed about LCC taking an age to grant PP than a blokes cryptic tweet.

you do know it goes to a planning committee following feedback from representative stakeholders; with the majority working remotely. These stakeholders need to go over the plans in great detail, compiling any issues they feel may impact their field

it’ll also require a site visit (because the councillors love their site visits) and that can’t happen anytime soon.

plus, LCC doesn’t have a Director for Planning, he’s on gardening leave for being a massive trumpet and a con man

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back