New Everton Stadium

Forget any stupid, cryptic tweet from Meis.

But if Covid-19 was not to have any effect at all on plans for our new ground it would be unbelievable. The timing of this to football in general and building of new stadium projects has been terrible. The world has changed to such a degree that the most successful, richest clubs are now counting their pennies.

Unless Usmanov begins to get deeply involved in the club I expect at the very least a delay or a downgrading of specs. Maybe we can seriously revisit a piecemeal upgrade of Goodison which was always my preferred choice.
Welcome Mr. Obvious.
Definitely a fair enough scenario, and one that was debated to death a few months ago.

Anyway, seems much more likely Meis' tweet relates to this rather than anything to do with your stadium...

FC Cincinnati owners have chosen a new architect to build its West End stadium – one fresh off designing Major League Soccer's two newest stadiums. The internationally-recognized firm, Populous, which has offices on four continents will continue to "drive the owner's vision," FCC President and General Manager Jeff Berding told The Enquirer...

...Berding stopped short of saying the original firm, New York- and Los Angeles-based Meis, was fired...

That was last year so I would doubt that would be the cause for this recent message.

I suspect he’s been removed from our project to save money as no longer really needed.

interesting that he was also removed from the Cincinnati stadium project at the same stage of that project, which would perhaps suggest an underlying reoccurring issue That neither projects wanted to deal with after initial designs completed..

I suspect he’s been removed from our project to save money as no longer really needed.

interesting that he was also removed from the Cincinnati stadium project at the same stage of that project, which would perhaps suggest an underlying reoccurring issue That neither projects wanted to deal with after initial designs completed..
What makes you suspect that?

What makes you suspect that?

Probably the “it’s not personal it’s just business” bit, and that the club will probably be exploring any ways to cut costs right now.

Anyway, Meis has been liking unrelated tweets in the last couple of hours, but hasn’t responded to a single Everton fan. That indicates to me the tweet was definitely Everton related.

Probably the “it’s not personal it’s just business” bit, and that the club will probably be exploring any ways to cut costs right now.

Anyway, Meis has been liking unrelated tweets in the last couple of hours, but hasn’t responded to a single Everton fan. That indicates to me the tweet was definitely Everton related.

Still be surprised if it's been caused by Everton, but the fact that he hasn't replied to anyone is a bit weird. Especially along with the changing of his twitter picture, however now the stadium has been designed does he really need a picture of a fairly dull wall on it? So could just be a bad timing coincidence.

If we were for a minute to say yes this is about Everton, then what could it be at this stage? Likelihood the bowl and the outer shell would stay near enough the same so it's not a design issue. They could have told him to stop commenting on the project from here on in but I still don't see how anyone would say it's just business when doing so.

He has been paid for his work so far and if we hadn't we would just be sued with all the negative press that comes with that. For his many faults Kenwright loves anyone who shows a bit of love for Everton and Meis for all his faults, engagement with the club and fans isn't one, for that reason I would gobsmacked if we have said or done something that makes Meis consider whether he should have taken up Everton's tender to design our stadium in the first place.

Soon find out I suppose, he can't stay silent forever.

Still be surprised if it's been caused by Everton, but the fact that he hasn't replied to anyone is a bit weird. Especially along with the changing of his twitter picture, however now the stadium has been designed does he really need a picture of a fairly dull wall on it? So could just be a bad timing coincidence.

If we were for a minute to say yes this is about Everton, then what could it be at this stage? Likelihood the bowl and the outer shell would stay near enough the same so it's not a design issue. They could have told him to stop commenting on the project from here on in but I still don't see how anyone would say it's just business when doing so.

He has been paid for his work so far and if we hadn't we would just be sued with all the negative press that comes with that. For his many faults Kenwright loves anyone who shows a bit of love for Everton and Meis for all his faults, engagement with the club and fans isn't one, for that reason I would gobsmacked if we have said or done something that makes Meis consider whether he should have taken up Everton's tender to design our stadium in the first place.

Soon find out I suppose, he can't stay silent forever.
He probably thought he’d be overseeing the project through to delivery and being paid accordingly, but it’s possible he’s been advised that his input has ended with the completed plans, and the major contractor will take it from here.

He probably thought he’d be overseeing the project through to delivery and being paid accordingly, but it’s possible he’s been advised that his input has ended with the completed plans, and the major contractor will take it from here.

Possible I suppose, but unless something needs a fairly significant alteration how much input could he expect to have? It is up to the technical architects to wield his imagination into a solid reality.

At last that red troll is banned.:)
He only came back on after the league was about to start up again. He was so obvious a kopite. Glad he has finally gone.
I know the lad and he's a blue.
Suck it up, stop whining and gloating about getting a blue banned cos he dares to have a different opinion. Give yourselves a big pat on the back.

Crack on lads...

Genuinely don't think he'd go public with any grievance against the club,Him of all people knows how much of a powder keg the fanbase is,it would do him absolutely no favours.

He's obviously got other clients and seems to me he's had falling out with one of them and is inadvertently letting them know.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back