New Everton Stadium

On the estimated visitor numbers, that's based on when the stadium gets the go ahead the whole area of the northern docks are being built on, hotels bars restaurants, the stadium is the catalyst
Reminds me of a time I used to be involved in a powerboat racing series. (that's a tory sport if ever you needed to name one)

When they pitched to new host cities they'd make wild claims on attending crowds. They had one event in the glamorous city of Hull and the marketing blurb for the year after stated 45k people attended. The reality was the venue was next to a retail park on the banks of the Humber, on a bank holiday weekend.

Basically, the numbers are nonsense. It's the overall boost to the economy that's the big draw.

I hope that we get a cheese room in the new gaff.

As its been a derelict waterside site for many years its probably best to wait until a lot more of the area is also redeveloped. You don't want extra toppings on your cheese and buicuit lol

Anyone have any idea how they have come to the conclusion that a stadium that holds around 13,000 more than the old stadium is going to add 1.4 million vivitors to the city?

Rail seating will be on a 1-1 basis, same distances as seats for many more years. and whether the new stadium will ever be able to hold more than the current capacity will depend on many more things than just allowing more people into the stand BUT
they could maybe add a few more hundred seats by altering the plans here and there as they go along. Spurs did this during the build process (after the original planning application had been approved,) and I think they finally added about 800 mores his way?
I am no expert but my understanding is that Evertons stadium design from Meis included safe standing which if the demand was there could increase the capacity from 52000 to over 60000. Like I say I'm.no expert but this piece seems to explain how capacity can be increased. United have just had the ok to do this. Says wolves have installed it too and that spurs have it in parts of the home and away end.

Firefighter, I'm not trying to kill hopes here and i also used to think it was just a case of putting more people into the space and it's perfectly true space wise it can be done but just one of the problems is uk legislation.
It's been widely reported that any standing space will be on a 1-1 basis for many years (if ever?)
There is also many other factors people don't know about for an increase of more spectators to be able to occur.

Is there enough entrances/exits in and out of the seats to accommodate extra people?
Is there enough room on the concourse?
Is the enough toilets (men's women's and disabled?
Is there enough bars and food outlets (to stop potential crushing/blockages of concourse.)
Is there enough turnstiles?
Is there space for extra stewards?
Is there enough fire exits?
Is there enough room outside the stadium (etc etc.)
There was more but I can't remember?

Last edited:

I am no expert but my understanding is that Evertons stadium design from Meis included safe standing which if the demand was there could increase the capacity from 52000 to over 60000. Like I say I'm.no expert but this piece seems to explain how capacity can be increased. United have just had the ok to do this. Says wolves have installed it too and that spurs have it in parts of the home and away end.

I don’t understand how it increases the capacity. It’s a liftable rail infront if a seat. The capacity remains the same surely?

Also terraces are stepped and the width of the step is set by the seating and gap requirements, so it is not easy to reduce the spacing to fit more in.

Firefighter, I'm not trying to kill hopes here and i also used to think it was just a case of putting more people into the space and it's perfectly true space wise it can be done but just one of the problems is uk legislation.
It's been widely reported that any standing space will be on a 1-1 basis for many years but there is also many other factors people don't know about for an increase of more spectators to be able to occur.

is there enough entrances/exits in and out of the seats to accommodate extra people?
Is there enough room on the concourse?
Is the enough toilets (men's and women's?
Is there enough bars and food outlets (to stop potential crushing/blockages of concourse.)
Is there enough turnstiles?
Is there space for extra stewards?
Is there enough fire exits (etc etc.)

There was more but I can't remember?
Being an Everton fan you learn how to manage your hopes very quickly!!
The official Everton website says capacity can be increased from 52000 to 62000 if the demand is there. I thought this was to do with safe standing. More qualified people on here may know more

Capacity

Everton is proposing a stadium capacity of 52,000 with the potential for that to rise to 62,000 in the future, subject to further planning permission. The stadium will also be future-proofed for any changes in regulations in relation to safe standing. The design of two of the stands (north and south) will allow for rail seating and in future, should the law change, a safe standing solution.

Thanks for the respectful reply :cheers:
Don’t take @MarcelsGoat response seriously or with any real intent to insult dude.

Being a harmless jester on here is his role within the forum. Just like @Zatara is the pretend youth scout and one or many are the village idiots.Goat will go to extraordinary lengtgs to wind up so even if he posts an essay, don’t take it seriously.

I don’t understand how it increases the capacity. It’s a liftable rail infront if a seat. The capacity remains the same surely?

Also terraces are stepped and the width of the step is set by the seating and gap requirements, so it is not easy to reduce the spacing to fit more in.
You get two people in the one space for rail seating mate.

I'm.no expert
That article I put up suggest a step under the seat. When safe standing is allowed the seat goes up and 1 person can stand on that step and 1 person in the step below where yr feet would be if you were sitting in the seat

Being an Everton fan you learn how to manage your hopes very quickly!!
The official Everton website says capacity can be increased from 52000 to 62000 if the demand is there. I thought this was to do with safe standing. More qualified people on here may know more

Capacity

Everton is proposing a stadium capacity of 52,000 with the potential for that to rise to 62,000 in the future, subject to further planning permission. The stadium will also be future-proofed for any changes in regulations in relation to safe standing. The design of two of the stands (north and south) will allow for rail seating and in future, should the law change, a safe standing solution.

Sorry to say mate but it's all "bluff."
Because of the regulations and points I wrote above, the chances of the stadium capacity going up by 10,000 (even just 5,000,) is a long shot.

"SUBJECT TO FURTHER PERMISSION."
This is where it all starts to fall down.

Last edited:
Capacity

Because a few fans were disappointed with the stadium capacity, this was a clever but a bit of a deceiving statement they put out here?
If you read it carefully, the truth of it is, the stadium will probably only get upto 62,000 IF in the future they build onto the stadium?
By then adding the stuff about "Rail Seating" I think they are giving the impression that it's that which would add another 10,000 to the capacity, hence the confusion?

Im not trying to "Pi55 on your parade" I'm just saying it how I see it and I fully expect Everton to end up with a stadium with a good few hundred seats more to well over 53,000.

Even at 52,888 (the capacity listed in the planning documents) the seating in most of the ground is pretty much on the same spacing as the Park Stand at Goodison. There are a few thousand more spacious premium seats but it is mainly old school. This is because the site limits the footprint on a North-South axis and because heritage/UNESCO concerns have limited the height so it is not too visually dominant vs. old warehouse design. Any ability to increase capacity in the future would depend on some combination of safe standing at more than 1:1 ratio and some relaxation of planning guidelines on height (or as an even bigger long-shot, acquisition of land to the North from the waste management company). None of this is likely any time soon.

I've included the original 60k+ vs the current 53k plans in overlay.

Attachments

• 1582286665024.webp
    1582286665024.webp
    113.7 KB · Views: 168

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back