New Everton Stadium

More photos of men in hard hats on a derelict dock.

It's on.
Tbf, I do think it is happening. It would’ve been much easier for the club to announce that the stadium has been delayed at the height of this pandemic than to carry on with the works process.

I think the stadium is priority now because Moshiri appears to be operating a cost-cutting exercise on the squad.

Is there any opinion of what % of costs would be covered by government assistance / grants, or would that be related to supporting ancilliary features only ie. transport links etc? The total cost seems to be a quite consistently projected £500m.

Even during a pandemic, and conversely from the central and local authorities viewpoint, there would no better time to stimulate construction and economic activity.

I have no idea of what sort of lobbying goes on in this type of environment, but considering our proposals to revelop Goodison, it seems reasonable to think that there will be a lot of goodwill towards the stadium development.

It must be.

I mean, a load of fellers in hi-vis jackets pointing and holding clipboards? It's defo happening.

3 years on and I think we're finally seeing the fruits of that patience.

Considering your fierce refusal to believe this is going to happen, will you commit to not attending games at USM Stadium when it is built?

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back