New Everton Stadium

The article states funding hasn’t be confirmed

the plans changed because of world Heritage not the fans and they still want a government review... did anyone attually read what Colin Chong said... He tried to put it in a positive spin but it but basically said.. it’s being delayed and there a big chance the government could be could in. Despite the fact they changed and improved the design to suit the heritage and councils demands

I advise you to look up the relevant national policy guidelines on heritage assets. There is ample scope for the Council to determine that the impact on the heritage assets is not substantial enough to refuse planning permission. I suspect that this is what will happen: there is always a risk that the government will bow to pressure from heritage bodies, but this government is generally pro-development and opposed to planning restrictions.It would be entirely in character for them to leave this for local determination.

If there are any doubts at the club about the project going ahead then they are doing a very poor job in dampening fans expectations.

I really don't think the pandemic is a factor in this project at all apart from maybe some delays in getting to the stage of planning approval being granted.

If Covid 19 is still a problem in three or four years time then a football stadium will be the least of our troubles.
A project of this size is unlikely to sail through without any objection and from reading the letter from Colin Chong it seems that even those objecting are generally positive about most of the heritage preservation efforts of the club.

Absolutely no surprises there. Another public consultation, big wow.

It'll still all breeze through.

"Ooooh Heritage England you're a bit worried about a derelict dock but hey we're in a massive economic downturn so why don't you go and polish some castle moats you gang of historical reenactment dweebs".

Most modern waterfronts prohibit new structures within a certain distance from the water. Looks to me like they may have tucked in to comply with certain building setback bylaws. I wonder if it impacted capacity at all.

If we hadn’t wasted 6 months doing pointless consulting, an let’s be honest it was. The thing would of being built by now
It's a massive project the biggest In our lifetime it takes time there will always be delays . It's not like suzie in the back of your wardrobe that's takes 5 minutes to blow up . Sit back and chill or go an have a pint with good old Geoff from west derby grumpy :D

I never believed the car park would be put in, for this reason;

The revision also has the stadium smaller in height.

Not bothered at all about the car park personally, I'm lucky as I will be walking it. I'm sure it is only for the two clubs staff/directors and disabled access anyway. I do think the public transport leaves a lot to be desired though.

1280px-Historical_reenactment_festival_in_the_Memorial_park_08.jpg

"We'd like to object to your stadium plans please as we want to do historical reenactments on this site and then fly our kites afterwards"

- Heritage England

GEEKS

It seems those ugly wind baffles have been removed & replaced with trees. I prefer the look of that. I'm glad the carpark has gone too but I'm not sold on the steps. It could work if done well but done badly will look a bit of an eyesore after a decade or so. Needs to be of solid stone & not concrete.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back