New Everton Stadium

It seems those ugly wind baffles have been removed & replaced with trees. I prefer the look of that. I'm glad the carpark has gone too but I'm not sold on the steps. It could work if done well but done badly will look a bit of an eyesore after a decade or so. Needs to be of solid stone & not concrete.
Decking board from B&Q mate. I saw Mosh there the other day with a tape measure in one hand and a wad of notes in the other. ;) It'll be sound.

Outside looks a lot better and having the roof slightly lower may help with to better contain the atmosphere inside the stadium.
I also noticed that they've got rid of the wind shields outside the stadium.
Also, there will probably be many more changes as the build progresses.

Anybody got any idea what CC means by this:

"We have also covered some of the most exposed areas within the stands to better protect supporters from the elements."

Is the roof now bigger or something or is this just as a result of it being slightly lower?

Absolutely no surprises there. Another public consultation, big wow.

It'll still all breeze through.

"Ooooh Heritage England you're a bit worried about a derelict dock but hey we're in a massive economic downturn so why don't you go and polish some castle moats you gang of historical reenactment dweebs".
Spot on mate. What a bunch of train spotters

If they're removing the multi storey car park I'd rather they used that river side as a fan zone instead of just a smaller car park, I do like the big steps though, sort of reminds me of the big steps leading up to the old Wembley and everyone would be on them before a game

Edit
Actually, I recently worked on the kings dock and that wind off the river can be very strong and baltic so best we all hide round the other side lol

It seems those ugly wind baffles have been removed & replaced with trees. I prefer the look of that. I'm glad the carpark has gone too but I'm not sold on the steps. It could work if done well but done badly will look a bit of an eyesore after a decade or so. Needs to be of solid stone & not concrete.

The steps are actually like a stand outside that allows supporters to be able to shelter underneath them when there is bad weather. Seems a good idea to me.

Anybody got any idea what CC means by this:

"We have also covered some of the most exposed areas within the stands to better protect supporters from the elements."

Is the roof now bigger or something or is this just as a result of it being slightly lower?

The roof does look like it is bigger and not as shiny. Looks like cheaper materials have been used for the part you cannot see on the very top of it. Meis is going to be cursing us.

The roof has been lowered because of concerns. Yet, once this stadium is complete, there will be 52,000 Evertonians attending each game with at least another 8,000 ticketless that would want to go. So my concern is when they find that they need ti expand and yet what then? I live too far away to be a season ticket holder and I just know Im going to struggle to get tickets

If they're removing the multi storey car park I'd rather they used that river side as a fan zone instead of just a smaller car park, I do like the big steps though, sort of reminds me of the big steps leading up to the old Wembley and everyone would be on them before a game

Edit
Actually, I recently worked on the kings dock and that wind off the river can be very strong and baltic so best we all hide round the other side lol

Haha was just about to say.. would have to be pretty tanked up to take on the elements there in the middle of winter

Laing O’Rourke are no idiots and they don’t often back the wrong horse.

If HS2 has been given the green light after all the opposition that has had even from Tory MP’s, plus Environmental campaigners etc, I’m sure the government won’t be stopping this, especially the way the economy is.

Laing O’Rourke are no idiots and they don’t often back the wrong horse.

If HS2 has been given the green light after all the opposition that has had even from Tory MP’s, plus Environmental campaigners etc, I’m sure the government won’t be stopping this, especially the way the economy is.

Aye there is no way it gets stopped imo its just frustrating that a club in desperate need of revenue to compete we keep getting hurdles when for me it has absolutely no negatives and all positives.

Not like its being built in the middle of a city centre or in a residential district - its a derelict dockland site just tell UNESCO to do one.

The revision also has the stadium smaller in height.

I can't tell for sure from the pictures provided but it wouldn't surprise me if to lower the height they have just made the roof all the same level. The previous design had it sloping up towards the home end.

Just the value engineering part might make them want to do this as now they can order x amount of trusses all the same instead of having each one unique getting taller (or smaller depending which end you are looking at).

That will knock a few meters off and we can say to everyone aren't we nice making it smaller when in reality it is a small wedge that is being removed.

The roof has been lowered because of concerns. Yet, once this stadium is complete, there will be 52,000 Evertonians attending each game with at least another 8,000 ticketless that would want to go. So my concern is when they find that they need ti expand and yet what then? I live too far away to be a season ticket holder and I just know Im going to struggle to get tickets

Sure we will push for safe standing/rail seating for any expansion, and soon I would hope if we are selling out - they are putting that in the design anyway I think, so minimal costs.

I would love rail seating from day one.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back