New Everton Stadium

I predict that in line with Everton's 'plan' of holistic progression.

Tom Davies will still be 'gracing' our midfield at Goodison Park in 2025.

:( Plans for BMD will be at 'an advanced stage of discussion'.

It was always going to have objections based purely on the location, it’s no surprise. For once I am glad the club seem to have been as transparent as they can and not built any expectations in terms of a spade in the ground this year.

FWIW, I hardly think LCC will have found the PA wanting, more like a load of spods who dress in capes of a weekend who are arsed about “the historic dock walls”. The dock that’s sat unused for god knows how many years. Held up by utter gimps. I think the aesthetic changes are very nice, although could do with more weather protection river side.
The reduced height of the stadium will be down to pacifying those people. Regardless of their obsessions, however, they should be seen as the cats paw of people within LCC who wont want this to go through.

There is no way this will be stopped

Even if it goes to Government they aint missing a chance for massive investment in an area post covid over a handful hillbillys who want to take pictures of a derelict site.

Im just bothered about further delays if LCC dont have the cajones to grant it in December and tell UNESCO to do one

You sure? That wasn't what was said at the start of the process.

Was a bit of a blag that to appease discontent over 52k capacity.

There's no certainties with safe standing and they exploited that. It'll be 1:1 initially and even down the road it won't add much.

Pretty sure any big construction never ever gets through first time. This is not a surprise that there are a few tweaks based on consultation. Its what its for.. but I guess the people who like to moan and complain will never be happy until they see it totally fail so they can say I told you so.

If you watch homes under the hammer you will see that a simple new house build can sometimes take more than a year to get planning permission. But sure Everton are terrible because its not been sorted out in 24 hours... some of you really need to get a grip.

I think the West Stand looks much better now. It’s actually gone back to look like Dan Meis’s original design before they added the car park.

It’s a bit disappointing that the height is reduced, but I’m sure it’ll still be very imposing.

These heritage groups were always going to object to some degree. Nothing to work about other than the slight delay IMO.

Was a bit of a blag that to appease discontent over 52k capacity.

There's no certainties with safe standing and they exploited that. It'll be 1:1 initially and even down the road it won't add much.
At 1:1 it won't add one extra fan, and currently there is no inkling from the police, H&S and local council authorities that anything other than 1:1 will be considered.

At 1:1 it won't add one extra fan, and currently there is no inkling from the police, H&S and local council authorities that anything other than 1:1 will be considered.

Yep.

I'm not well versed but at the time Everton talked up safe standing potential to increase capacity it felt a bit... Suspect/appeasement.

'Several clubs have said they would like to re-introduce standing areas, while Spurs have built their new home at White Hart Lane with 7,500 seats that can be quickly converted into standing places. They initially suggested this could increase capacity by nearly 2,000 but have since opted for a one-for-one ratio when converting seats to standing places'

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back