New Everton Stadium

I mean, they wouldn't be doing their jobs if they didn't oppose this, but the city cannot afford to become a giant maritime museum (we already have one ffs).

The pros so spectacularly outweigh the cons here that surely to god this will get planning permission.

And yet in spite of all this, somehow these monstrosities were allowed to be built?

unnamed.webp

Sounds like they are not bothered about the stadium itself, its that they dont want the dock filled in? Seriously?

From the article

The dock has planning permission for residential development so there are potential alternative solutions that could retain the water-filled dock whilst developing the currently derelict area. We do not believe that the city faces a stark choice between dereliction or football stadium.

We have had extensive and productive discussions with the Club about how best to develop the new stadium at Bramley-Moore Dock and understand the attraction of this exceptional location. There is a strong desire to build a new stadium that is sensitive to its surroundings and context. This is highlighted by the positive enhancements made to the design of the stadium over the summer.

However, we consider that the proposal to infill the dock would fundamentally change its historic character as a water-filled basin which so clearly tells the story of the docks and has contributed to its status as a World Heritage Site. The loss of the water would result in substantial harm to the significance of the Grade II listed Bramley-Moore Dock and cause harm to the World Heritage Site.

Ultimately there will substantial harm to the heritage asset, this needs to be balanced by substantial public benefits.

It's all a bit subjective but there are easily enough public benefits to out weight the harm. The case officer needs to grow a pair and write up his/her report for committee. Councilors won't be refuse it.

Ultimately there will substantial harm to the heritage asset, this needs to be balanced by substantial public benefits.

It's all a bit subjective but there are easily enough public benefits to out weight the harm. The case officer needs to grow a pair and write up his/her report for committee. Councilors won't be refuse it.

completely agree. My concern is the lack of aggression from Everton, with these group & turning the screw on planning through the entire process post lockdown. My fear is they are happy sitting on these delays for 12 months or however long it takes to make sure that stadium remains viable in a post covid world (whenever that will be)

I mean, they wouldn't be doing their jobs if they didn't oppose this, but the city cannot afford to become a giant maritime museum (we already have one ffs).

The pros so spectacularly outweigh the cons here that surely to god this will get planning permission.

And yet in spite of all this, somehow these monstrosities were allowed to be built?

View attachment 100491

If they managed to scrap this development then they would have been doing their jobs. They didn't and it ruins the view from certain angles. But they are worried our stadium which will actually make the area look better. They can k'off

So can Liverpool City Council reject these heritage concerns and stop it being called in?

If so, I don't imagine this city will be willing to delay for 12 months. The economy is already on it's last legs.

So can Liverpool City Council reject these heritage concerns and stop it being called in?

If so, I don't imagine this city will be willing to delay for 12 months. The economy is already on it's last legs.
The Council is entitled to reject the heritage concerns but can't stop the application being called in. The best we can hope for is that the Secretary of State rejects the objections on the grounds that the benefits outweigh the harm, and to be fair to Historic England, they have already raised this possibility in their statement.

As if the tories will stop it going ahead, these gangsters will be desperate for any sort of economic boost after they have completely trashed the UKs economic prospects as well as reputation.
We should be more worried about the IRA blowing it up when they restart their war if the tory scumbags trash the good Friday agreement too.

completely agree. My concern is the lack of aggression from Everton, with these group & turning the screw on planning through the entire process post lockdown. My fear is they are happy sitting on these delays for 12 months or however long it takes to make sure that stadium remains viable in a post covid world (whenever that will be)

With respect you know nothing of what's going on and neither do I. It's pure conjecture what you've said about the heritage lobbies 'turning the screw' and Everton's 'lack of agression'. We always knew these objections were coming and the Club I'm sure are well positioned to handle it.

These groups are doing their job and as long as EFC have done theirs there won't be an issue.

No idea why people are getting so jumpy.

With respect you know nothing of what's going on and neither do I. It's pure conjecture what you've said about the heritage lobbies 'turning the screw' and Everton's 'lack of agression'. We always knew these objections were coming and the Club I'm sure are well positioned to handle it.

These groups are doing their job and as long as EFC have done theirs there won't be an issue.

No idea why people are getting so jumpy.

You're right; it is conjecture, but I suppose without it this forum becomes defunct. I would have hoped the club would be using the press as a vehicle to put pressure on planning and objections, but as you said it could be happening behind the scenes.

My very personal take on this is, while we will ultimately see the stadium built, there will be significant, probably multi year delays before we see a "Sod turned" & delays like Heritage England suit the club to understand the new lay of the land post covid. For sure there might be a vaccine in January and if life gets back to normal so will the stadium timetable, but until then which could be many years away the club wont lay a brick and this is sadly the right decision.

I would love nothing more than a green light tomorrow and off we go, but I dont see it happening

As if the tories will stop it going ahead, these gangsters will be desperate for any sort of economic boost after they have completely trashed the UKs economic prospects as well as reputation.
We should be more worried about the IRA blowing it up when they restart their war if the tory scumbags trash the good Friday agreement too.
IRA are gone mate
Weapons handed in

Unfortunately the Tories continue their destruction of the uk

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back