New Everton Stadium

We will be fine, in the current climate they are not going to stop us creating tens of thousands of much needed jobs over the next 3/4 years and then beyond.

build build build is the Tory slogan isn’t it?

Apologies for a stupid question, hoping someone more familiar with these sorts of projects might know the answer...
From the released images and speil that went with them...
How has the height of the stadium changed but the capacity stayed the same? To my eye the old and new images look almost identical?

Apologies for a stupid question, hoping someone more familiar with these sorts of projects might know the answer...
How has the height of the stadium changed but the capacity stayed the same? To my eye the old and new images look almost identical?

Fans sitting on Row Z of the upper tier can now do pull ups on the roof beams.

If what we've been told is true that it's only slightly smaller then my guess is they have removed the sloping roof. If it's the same height all along as it was at the North end then that would shave a few meters off without changing anything bar the roof. It will also reduce costs as you are just ordering x number of trusses that are the same design instead of each one being slightly different + less materials.

For reference this is what it should have looked like:

Screenshot_20200912-171226_Drive.jpg

Screenshot_20200912-171026_Drive.jpg

Screenshot_20200912-171047_Drive.jpg

Historic England don't want this to happen.
No more pandering to them by changing the stadium any further, they won't be happy regardless.

Agree in fact we should increase the size so it holds 55'000. Up hours Hysterical England, I swear if Everton pandered to them anymore it would have to be a bungalow. Where were they when they built that beautiful sewage plant in the same area ? At the beginning of what could be a world recession, we are creating 15,000 jobs and bringing to life a derelict scratches into the 21st century with a beautiful stadium, which will bring much needed investment into a deprived area. Historical England could do with a good bath over these pathetic objections which have no chance of succeeding, but will hold the stadium build back and add to the cost. Rant over.

Agree in fact we should increase the size so it holds 55'000. Up hours Hysterical England, I swear if Everton pandered to them anymore it would have to be a bungalow. Where were they when they built that beautiful sewage plant in the same area ? At the beginning of what could be a world recession, we are creating 15,000 jobs and bringing to life a derelict scratches into the 21st century with a beautiful stadium, which will bring much needed investment into a deprived area. Historical England could do with a good bath over these pathetic objections which have no chance of succeeding, but will hold the stadium build back and add to the cost. Rant over.
Nail....on.....head

They have to object to justify their existence. They've already given a get-out clause, if the economic, physical and cultural benefits or whatever outweigh the heritage damage blather. Nothing to worry about. The redevelopment of Goodison for community use will kick their statutory griping into the far distance.

Basically, if they didn't object to a 50k+ stadium being built on an infilled dock on a World Heritage Site, they wouldn't be worth their remit. They know it'll sail through, and gave just enough rope to hang themselves on. They object, the stadium goes through. Win-win for all parties.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back