New Everton Stadium

Ah yeah see what you mean. Wonder where those images are from? Looks to have made the bottom half steeper?

You can see that section in the corner that had a large wall behind it previously (for disabled seating) has been removed to continue the smaller wall across from the south stand (which means that has been raised, giving it a larger lower section than the previous design) and in doing so they made those corners larger and steeper leaving a join between the two stands. In principle if you count these corners there should be more fans within the home end now.

Hard to say which version has the better idea. The top looks more uniform now and the corner looks better but you get that wall, which imho never looks nice. Hopefully if you're at the top of that divide, right against that wall, you can still see the corner flag on the other side of the goal line.

Looks like the glass section has been removed which I liked behind the upper tier of the stand behind the goal.

Akso judging by the missing seats at the front row, is that where they are going to put wheelchair users as it looks like the corners they had in between the tiers have disappeared.

Looks like the glass section has been removed which I liked behind the upper tier of the stand behind the goal.

Akso judging by the missing seats at the front row, is that where they are going to put wheelchair users as it looks like the corners they had in between the tiers have disappeared.

The glass is still there. It's just smaller as the roof has been lowered. ;)

looking at the pictures in a bit more detail the amazing thing is just how much premium/hospitality seats there are highlighted in green. As I said in an earlier post I wonder if the people in the corner marked in red will be able to see the opposite side's corner coming in. Also there the space between the stand and the pitch looks huge (in yellow).

Screenshot_20200924-211725_Gmail.webp

The premium/hospitality in the East stand marked in green and in my view the stand looks lopsided due to the wall just stopping before the end. (Yellow box) This is probably because this will be where the away fans will be but they could have just taken it to the end imho for balance.

Screenshot_20200924-211701_Gmail.webp

The home end in this version is bigger as the corners basically blend into it (marked in green). These wheelchair spaces (marked in yellow) give the away team an easier time imho, what would you rather have facing you 20 odd (usually well behaved) people or you could have way more supporters pitch level giving it large.

Screenshot_20200924-211712_Gmail.webp

looking at the pictures in a bit more detail the amazing thing is just how much premium/hospitality seats there are highlighted in green. As I said in an earlier post I wonder if the people in the corner marked in red will be able to see the opposite side's corner coming in. Also there the space between the stand and the pitch looks huge (in yellow).

View attachment 102114
The premium/hospitality in the East stand marked in green and in my view the stand looks lopsided due to the wall just stopping before the end. (Yellow box) This is probably because this will be where the away fans will be but they could have just taken it to the end imho for balance.

View attachment 102115

The home end in this version is bigger as the corners basically blend into it (marked in green). These wheelchair spaces (marked in yellow) give the away team an easier time imho, what would you rather have facing you 20 odd (usually well behaved) people or you could have way more supporters pitch level giving it large.

View attachment 102116

That's good details mate. I'm with you on the yellow sections, I thought the sight lines were well better elevated into the corners.

Just don't look right, like you mentioned the hospitality wall and the way it abruptly ends.

I've had reservations (not least the capacity). Just on the updates I think the stepped plaza and covered entrance will be fantastic. Only I don't quite get the angled ends with a brown wall, maybe it's a wind breaker, but it doesn't look quite right to me. Would be better with a straight forward rectangular plaza.
As for internally what's these big cuttings either corner at the north stand lower? I think they're for disabled, it looks a bit disjointed to me. Why not split the stand with a tier like that currently at the Park End (which must be an amazing place to watch the game) . I can't tell if it's already embedded in the stand, don't agree with these corner cuttings.

View attachment 102114

View attachment 102115

View attachment 102116

If you were to click on my profile photo you can see that Spurs have the same raised walls on the sides of the single tier stand.
The seats next to the wall look along the goal line so you can easily see the whole of the pitch.

If you were to click on my profile photo you can see that Spurs have the same raised walls on the sides of the single tier stand.
The seats next to the wall look along the goal line so you can easily see the whole of the pitch.

I'd say these new renders cut back further into the stand than at your gaff. With the steps and entrance it would be at worst a handful of people who had issues and because the pitch is big, the goal line will be nowhere near the edge unlike the NFL posts below.

Screenshot_20200924-221527_Chrome.webp

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back