New Everton Stadium

Does that mean they can no longer try to throw a spanner in the works?

Or I guess the government can look at the plans and say "Oh yes, that under water wall definitely needs retaining - application rejected!".
The SOS could call it in for review, however given the fact where in the middle of a pandemic and the ecomy in trouble it’s highly unlikely they turn down a project that willl create 15k jobs

Fantastic news although with this COVID thing and the inevitable scramble for tickets when crowds are allowed, I’m bricking myself that I’ll struggle to get over to see a game at Goodison
I have 2 season tickets and there are always a couple of games a year I can’t get to. I’ll happily let you have my tickets for free.

That scheme really was a bullet dodged.

It was a nightmare in all sorts of ways, but how massively dated does that design look already? Like a turn-of-the-millennium office block. All the cheap steel work would’ve been streaked with rust by now, too.

It’d be utterly soul-crushing to turn up to that mess, in a Tesco carpark, and think it was our home.

I still can't get my head around a majority voting yes for it.

It looked Garbage from the get go.

I spoke to a fair few at the time who voted for it, saying we needed it to happen.

We needed something, but THAT was not IT.

Think it might be something to do with allowing sunlight onto the pitch, but it'll also be to do with the support beams being underneath the roof on the design; and they need to be high enough, so not to obstruct the view of those sat at the back.
Yeah I think you're right there, just looking at it then there's quite a large supporting beam structure that also holds the video screen. It actually means that the roof is even further away from the fans, surely that can be improved upon?

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back