New Everton Stadium

Quick someone tell the club that Big Nev off GOT knows something they don’t.
Why have a thread of we can't query aspects of the design? Some aspects of stadium designs are trade offs rather than structural necessities. This might be one, or it might not, which is why I asked. It could very well just be a structural necessity,

However, what if they raised the distance of the roof to the fans solely to incorporate a big video screen, and purposely sacrificed the acoustics to include it?

Another possibility is that they increased the distance of the roof from the fans so that the supporting beams or on the inside instead of the outside to make the outside look more appealing on the eye. So maybe we traded off the acoustics for aesthetics?

I read on here...so could be total wham...that some firm or other had a contact to mount a time lapse camera to record the building

*The shot zooms through space, the dot becomes a planet, we zoom in, down, down, we fly across a river, a mighty river, to the skyline of buildings, we fly low over the Pier Head, we catch a brief, very brief, nearly subliminal glance of a newspaper headline...Klopp still Missing...In a gracefull arc we climb, up to the Liver Buildings penthouse, we go through the window into the room to show a 3quarters rear view of one of those half egg suspended chairs, where you can just make out a man with a fluffy white cat on his knee...we zoom in over his shoulder to see a laptop screen showing a time lapse of building work.
*Rod Serling voice over..."Who is this man? Where is he from? Is it Iran, is it Uzbekistan? It doesn't really matter...all that matters is the building work is proceeding."
We zoom into the screen and down and we see a hole, men getting ready to pour concrete, they look around to check but nobody is paying attention, they're all too busy. We see an object on the floor that looks like a wrapped egyptian mummy.
"Right" says the Boss, "into the hole with our Teutonic Jimmy Hoffa there."
Suddenly all we can see is a square of sky, blue sky, There's a thick pouring sound and everything goes black.
We rapidly zoom out, out past the man with the cat sat in his half egg chair...do we see as we zoom past, ever so briefly, a smile...yes...we probably did...allegedly.

I read on here...so could be total wham...that some firm or other had a contact to mount a time lapse camera to record the building

*The shot zooms through space, the dot becomes a planet, we zoom in, down, down, we fly across a river, a mighty river, to the skyline of buildings, we fly low over the Pier Head, we catch a brief, very brief, nearly subliminal glance of a newspaper headline...Klopp still Missing...In a gracefull arc we climb, up to the Liver Buildings penthouse, we go through the window into the room to show a 3quarters rear view of one of those half egg suspended chairs, where you can just make out a man with a fluffy white cat on his knee...we zoom in over his shoulder to see a laptop screen showing a time lapse of building work.
*Rod Serling voice over..."Who is this man? Where is he from? Is it Iran, is it Uzbekistan? It doesn't really matter...all that matters is the building work is proceeding."
We zoom into the screen and down and we see a hole, men getting ready to pour concrete, they look around to check but nobody is paying attention, they're all too busy. We see an object on the floor that looks like a wrapped egyptian mummy.
"Right" says the Boss, "into the hole with our Teutonic Jimmy Hoffa there."
Suddenly all we can see is a square of sky, blue sky, There's a thick pouring sound and everything goes black.
We rapidly zoom out, out past the man with the cat sat in his half egg chair...do we see as we zoom past, ever so briefly, a smile...yes...we probably did...allegedly.

Stand up Steven Speil-blert

I watched all 3 hours of that council meeting...something's wrong with me. And I have to commend the gent who admitted to being a red right off the bat but was one of the most vocal and supportive. Having listened to the whole thing, I know why...but, still.

source.gif

Why have a thread of we can't query aspects of the design? Some aspects of stadium designs are trade offs rather than structural necessities. This might be one, or it might not, which is why I asked. It could very well just be a structural necessity,

However, what if they raised the distance of the roof to the fans solely to incorporate a big video screen, and purposely sacrificed the acoustics to include it?

Another possibility is that they increased the distance of the roof from the fans so that the supporting beams or on the inside instead of the outside to make the outside look more appealing on the eye. So maybe we traded off the acoustics for aesthetics?
Dan Meis did stress the importance of the acoustics within the stadium,him and his team did countless acoustic test to try and get the best possible sound he could.The roof height wont be a problem at all. Absolutely every base will have been covered. He talks about it quite alot in his interviews,about how he also borrowed certain acoustic aspects from GP.

I was thinking perhaps we shouldn't be too harsh with them lot for all their comments about it will never happen. After all they have never gotten round to building their own stadium despite being promised a spade will be in the ground within x amount of days.

Those memories might be playing on their minds... :)

Dan Meis did stress the importance of the acoustics within the stadium,him and his team did countless acoustic test to try and get the best possible sound he could.The roof height wont be a problem at all. Absolutely every base will have been covered. He talks about it quite alot in his interviews,about how he also borrowed certain acoustic aspects from GP.
1614155857454.png

Yes they did so we can trust the sound properties of the materials of the roof are spot on.

I wonder then if the original position of the roof has been raised to incorporate a screen? Or if that is the original position then maybe it is in the optimum place after all?

Maybe the picture deceives me, but look for yourself at the distance of the roof though to the last row of seats, so ignore the support stands and focus on the roof itself, that is a massive distance.I would be surprised if that is optimum distance?

Interestingly, the other stands are not that distance.

View attachment 119063
Yes they did so we can trust the sound properties of the materials of the roof are spot on.

I wonder then if the original position of the roof has been raised to incorporate a screen? Or if that is the original position then maybe it is in the optimum place after all?

Maybe the picture deceives me, but look for yourself at the distance of the roof though to the last row of seats, so ignore the support stands and focus on the roof itself, that is a massive distance.I would be surprised if that is optimum distance?

Interestingly, the other stands are not that distance.
Stop worrying so much buddy, sweet FA we can do about it now, lets enjoy the ride.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back