New Everton Stadium

Impressive Dave, you’ve managed to put doubt into the BMD planning, by using a completely non related red herring and having a go at the conservatives at the same time...although I can’t give you full marks because you didn’t mention Brexit......
I don't think the SoS is reading GOT and taking Dave's -ve posts away for more thought be use he has a point.

Boris won't want to be photographed in a hard hat and a hi vis jacket next to a coal mine.

Boris will want to be photographed in a hard hat and a hi vis jacket next to a new stadium.

There's your difference.
He would have to sneak in and out of Merseyside with a full entourage of body guards.
People here have very long memories, but just in case anybody has forgotten, this is from an article in The Spectator (Edited and approved for publication by one Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson) after Ken Bigley was beheaded in Baghdad.

“The extreme reaction to Mr Bigley's murder is fed by the fact that he was a Liverpudlian. Liverpool is a handsome city with a tribal sense of community.
"A combination of economic misfortune — its docks were, fundamentally, on the wrong side of England when Britain entered what is now the European Union — and an excessive predilection for welfarism have created a peculiar, and deeply unattractive, psyche among many Liverpudlians.
"They see themselves whenever possible as victims, and resent their victim status; yet at the same time they wallow in it.”

Impressive Dave, you’ve managed to put doubt into the BMD planning, by using a completely non related red herring and having a go at the conservatives at the same time...although I can’t give you full marks because you didn’t mention Brexit......
I wish you'd have a go at that. How many more people do your party need to murder to get condemned by you, approximately?

He would have to sneak in and out of Merseyside with a full entourage of body guards.
People here have very long memories, but just in case anybody has forgotten, this is from an article in The Spectator (Edited and approved for publication by one Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson) after Ken Bigley was beheaded in Baghdad.

“The extreme reaction to Mr Bigley's murder is fed by the fact that he was a Liverpudlian. Liverpool is a handsome city with a tribal sense of community.
"A combination of economic misfortune — its docks were, fundamentally, on the wrong side of England when Britain entered what is now the European Union — and an excessive predilection for welfarism have created a peculiar, and deeply unattractive, psyche among many Liverpudlians.
"They see themselves whenever possible as victims, and resent their victim status; yet at the same time they wallow in it.”
Are you sure he's not just talking about Liverpool fc here?

I wish you'd have a go at that. How many more people do your party need to murder to get condemned by you, approximately?
This is one of the best threads on the forum, please don't ruin this one with attention seeking, idiotic shouts like this just to win some form of petty argument.

Really enjoyable thread so let's not crap all over it by bring up people's political preferences, this is from a fully paid up member of the want was the Corbyn Labour Party,before anyone more mud is slung.

Are you sure he's not just talking about Liverpool fc here?
More likely Liverpool in general, as the city has firmly turned its back on the Tories. This is a slight worry for me, as I think from an objective standpoint Boris should be in favour of this, but his low esteem for Liverpool might tip the balance the other way and see them opt for a public inquiry. I am on tenterhooks waiting to see what Jenrick does, hope they don't drag this on.

More likely Liverpool in general, as the city has firmly turned its back on the Tories. This is a slight worry for me, as I think from an objective standpoint Boris should be in favour of this, but his low esteem for Liverpool might tip the balance the other way and see them opt for a public inquiry. I am on tenterhooks waiting to see what Jenrick does, hope they don't drag this on.
It is about the city itself....my comment was more tongue in cheek.

Boris won't want to be photographed in a hard hat and a hi vis jacket next to a coal mine.

Boris will want to be photographed in a hard hat and a hi vis jacket next to a new stadium.

There's your difference.
They'll probably be lining up to spin it as part of Johnson's 'Levelling Up' by building new Infrastructure and inner city regeneration.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back