New Everton Stadium

They'll be allegations regarding certain projects things like this dont happen on just a whisper or a hunch.

Nothing to suggest BMD is any way involved in corruption so cant see it getting called in.

Football Clubs are also more squeeky clean than shifty property investors giving back handers to get a hotel project off the ground etc

Coupled with this one, to me it sounds like Everton’s proprietary is also being dragged into it.

Coupled with this one, to me it sounds like Everton’s proprietary is also being dragged into it.

Think the Tories are only getting involved with the Mayor currently being in hot water for corruption allegations.

A Premier League's stadium plans will have no links to the corruption allegations you would think!

No Government stops a project this big going ahead considering the state of the economy post Covid imo

Not sure what you mean? Are you talking about the 21 day rubber stamping ‘closer look’?

I think if they’re now calling the entire council planning process into question due to possible corruption, then a formal call in for a 3-6 month ‘in-depth closer look’ at it, seems much more likely now.
No, they've requested an extension to the 21 days, to look at the application in more detail. The call in will only happen if there is any reason to believe (as in, actual evidence) that the BMD application specifically has been touched by corruption. Which as far as we know right now, there isn't.

Think the Tories are only getting involved with the Mayor currently being in hot water for corruption allegations.

A Premier League's stadium plans will have no links to the corruption allegations you would think!

No Government stops a project this big going ahead considering the state of the economy post Covid imo
Hope you’re right fella. But my spidey sense is tingling here.

If they’re saying the council is incapable of running the city and making planning decisions, it’s hard to see them rubber stamping BM, which was a council led approval.

Timing of all this feels really weird.
Doesn't make sense they'd take previous major council decisions at face value and not scrutinise them.

Public Inquiry.

Tories all over the city because of the greedy dirty rats in charge, hope the maggots in the council go away for a while, the arrogant rats, driving around in mazzaratis and overfinch land rovers on public money, scum, best not ruin our stadium plans all this

No, they've requested an extension to the 21 days, to look at the application in more detail. The call in will only happen if there is any reason to believe (as in, actual evidence) that the BMD application specifically has been touched by corruption. Which as far as we know right now, there isn't.

Oh yeah, I get that. I just think it makes a call in a lot more likely than it was previously.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back