New Everton Stadium

It will be a bit rich if Jenrick & Co are seen to be the arbiters of good practice and best value in tendering processes, and does have the whiff of "playing politics" as Boris might say.
Boris might want another one of his apartments renovating, or giving more contracts to Conservative party contributors. No they have no room to talk at all, just hope that Everton are not the fall guys for this fiasco.

He was fronting the council publicity backing for the scheme. And he seconded people from his cabinet to work with Chong.

He's left an imprint on the project. That will need to be looked at. Closely. And time is our enemy.

If you're UNESCO and Historic England at this point, you're are grinning like a Cheshire cat.

Well when accusations involving bungs or whatever and the stadium pop up, we will have a problem. (They wont btw)

Until then, the stadium has planning approval from LCC, (nowt to do with him), and is on a desk in Whitehall.

Big Joe was heavily involved in our ‘purchase’ of BMD. He was also, at one point, being heavily linked to the financing of the new stadia too.

Whether Everton got wind of his alleged dodgy dealings is a distinct possibility given that he hasn’t been as involved for quite some time.

However, I have seen in the press very recently that a £6k donation to the Labour Party from an EFC Director has been called in to question.

Someone on here claims that Mr Chong (EFC’s new stadia supremo) is allegedly about to be arrested and questioned by the police about the same allegations Big Joe faces.

The Government is about to take control of Liverpool City due to a problem with fraud and underhanded dealings by the council which both supported and enabled BMD.

And some are saying that there is nothing to be concerned about.
Up to now they are rumours, before panicking, should we listen first for official news ?

He was fronting the council publicity backing for the scheme. And he seconded people from his cabinet to work with Chong.

He's left an imprint on the project. That will need to be looked at. Closely. And time is our enemy.

If you're UNESCO and Historic England at this point, you're are grinning like a Cheshire cat.
I suspect you too will be grinning like a Cheshire Cat if this goes in the bin.

Big Joe was heavily involved in our ‘purchase’ of BMD. He was also, at one point, being heavily linked to the financing of the new stadia too.

Whether Everton got wind of his alleged dodgy dealings is a distinct possibility given that he hasn’t been as involved for quite some time.

However, I have seen in the press very recently that a £6k donation to the Labour Party from an EFC Director has been called in to question.

Someone on here claims that Mr Chong (EFC’s new stadia supremo) is allegedly about to be arrested and questioned by the police about the same allegations Big Joe faces.

The Government is about to take control of Liverpool City due to a problem with fraud and underhanded dealings by the council which both supported and enabled BMD.

And some are saying that there is nothing to be concerned about.
Hopefully you'll be to stadium news what the esk is to Everton finances.

Good god what on earth would Everton have to offer a bung to anyone for?

Can we use a derelict site, offer 15k jobs, kick-start billions of regeneration as well as bring in rates galore into the city coffers?

Yes but even though we're the most skint council in the country we still need a bung to let you..

Wise up ffs.

When I read, from local posters who have a clue about all this bung stuff, its clear its about local businesses having close ties with certain councillors, and getting fat as a result.

Serious builds use serious players, from start to finish.

Well when accusations involving bungs or whatever and the stadium pop up, we will have a problem. (They wont btw)

Until then, the stadium has planning approval from LCC, (nowt to do with him), and is on a desk in Whitehall.
...and after 3 weeks of being there it was kicked into the long grass...and now, I suspect, we know why.

There will be no rush to judge this stadium scheme.

Any decision is open ended. I really couldn't see a scenario where we get a decision this side of summer. I'd imagine we're heading toward a public inquiry.

...and after 3 weeks of being there it was kicked into the long grass...and now, I suspect, we know why.

There will be no rush to judge this stadium scheme.

Any decision is open ended. I really couldn't see a scenario where we get a decision this side of summer. I'd imagine we're heading toward a public inquiry.

I very very much doubt that.

But then, all I did for 20 years was work for a company who are global leaders in commercial property builds and management.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back