New Everton Stadium

We have no contracts with LCC.

I would be astonished if its nothing more than the SOS asking mandarins if the build has any links to the plod investigation, (If Yes, bad news, granted). They say No, and everyones hands are clean, stadium wise.

The company I worked for wanted to move in India, years ago, and were bogged down by being asked for bribes, so they threatened to back out. They ended up compromising and paying half for a school to be built.

Thats how it works. Thats why when Persimmon want to build some new houses, they have to agree to pay for some attendant stuff; roads, or a youth centre, that sort of stuff.

Will not stop them asking questions though.

I imagine this investigation will be going back years, well before anything was even agreed with Bramley Moore. I have lost count of the amount of developments going up in the city centre. Seems like every street you go down something else is either being built or some other building project is about to start.

Not to mention the sites of half constructed buildings that have been left as the developer has ran out of cash.
Surely the council would do some due diligence and see that the company actually has the funding to complete.

Also you have to ask about certain companies that have the contract to fix roads/pot holes only for them need the same repair work again in a years time. Great work if you can get it knowing you can do half a job and the contract to fix your sub standard work will be coming back to you over and over again...

Absolutely nothing is straight forward with us. This stuff with Chong being implicated by the way is the biggest load of Kopite horse crap. He's was employed by the club when the Park end was built and he did such a good job he was the no1 candidate when his project came up. He'd have nothing to do with Anderson and his cronies.

One thing I will say, if by any chance Anderson's involvement in this all causes this project to fall apart, he literally can't live in the city anymore. He won't be able to walk down the street without getting lambasted. Also the amount of money already poured into personally by Moshiri would make a catastrophe for him as well.

Really wouldn't want to be Anderson's shoes right now.
People want to be really careful throwing names into a possible libel suit

Yes I haven’t been long on the forum but have been reading your posts long enough to think you have a downer on the stadium. My apologies if I’ve offended you though.
My posts on the satdum have been encouraging. But I've always reserved the right - because of the number of times that Everton have ballsed up stadium schemes - to be sceptical about it happening.

This club just doesn't have the clout to steamroller a scheme from drawing board to reality.

Then why would you state this morning: "if you were a Government inspector or whatever they are called, being asked to run Liverpool cos of corruption allegations, wouldnt the largest, and controversial (WHS) project on the cards attract your interest?"

Wouldn't such "interest" greatly delay this scheme and have it stirring down the barrel of a public inquiry?

We had one for the Kirkby stadium scheme...and that (a calamity for the Local Area Plan) is looking like a walk in a fragrant park compared to the noxious smells coming off this council and its commercial activities right now.

We are unfortunately embroiled. Like to or not, we are.

no, it wouldn’t. Because the corruption is with key individuals within the city region, known to many.

If your thinking is correct then joes pet project, the Paddington village development will cease build tomorrow. He had more involvement in that than our stadium.

You’re putting 2+2 together and getting 8 million, Dave

no, it wouldn’t. Because the corruption is with key individuals within the city region, known to many.

If your thinking is correct then joes pet project, the Paddington village development will cease build tomorrow. He had more involvement in that than our stadium.

You’re putting 2+2 together and getting 8 million, Dave
The BMD scheme is already in government for consideration. Is it really possible that there can be no spillover for the biggest regeneration project in the council's jurisdiction (one its senior officers have been involved in every step of the way)?

That's faniciful.

But perhaps you'll stick your neck out and give us a likely timeline that we'll get a decision in for the stadium?

The BMD scheme is already in government for consideration. Is it really possible that there can be no spillover for the biggest regeneration project in the council's jurisdiction (one its senior officers have been involved in every step of the way)?

That's faniciful.

But perhaps you'll stick your neck out and give us a likely timeline that we'll get a decision in for the stadium?

I am prepared to bet you a virtual mars bar, that the main reason the SOS has asked for more time is to double check all the WHS/Eco/Green stuff can be met to satisfy those particular lobby groups.

Its jack to do with a scouser taking a few weeks longer to build a pavement.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back