New Everton Stadium

Big Joe was heavily involved in our ‘purchase’ of BMD. He was also, at one point, being heavily linked to the financing of the new stadia too.

Whether Everton got wind of his alleged dodgy dealings is a distinct possibility given that he hasn’t been as involved for quite some time.

However, I have seen in the press very recently that a £6k donation to the Labour Party from an EFC Director has been called in to question.

Someone on here claims that Mr Chong (EFC’s new stadia supremo) is allegedly about to be arrested and questioned by the police about the same allegations Big Joe faces.

The Government is about to take control of Liverpool City due to a problem with fraud and underhanded dealings by the council which both supported and enabled BMD.

And some are saying that there is nothing to be concerned about.

Regarding the bold bits... on the Ryzantsev stuff, I don't know if you bothered to actually read the article, as opposed to just the headline, but it was "called into question" not due to any impropriety, but simply because he wasn't on the electoral roll. He had been on the roll in the past, and is on the roll now, but at the time he made the donation, he wasn't (presumably down to relocation or similar. It was nothing more than a technicality.

On the second one - "someone on here claims" is a source now? When did I miss that decision being taken?

People would be utterly shocked to learn of the actual state that project was left in. I hope one day it all comes out. LoR have really caught the kop for it. I havenpyt been passed for 12 months, so not sure where they're up to, but huge portions of the cladding needs to be replaced and that is still one of the smaller issues they faced when they took it on. Had Carrillion not gone bust, many of the issues may never have been found until to late.
I’ve heard similar story’s of the dogs dinner of work left by Carrillion, also lots of damage caused by the workforce when they found out they were being laid off at Xmas how true I don’t know.

I’ve heard similar story’s of the dogs dinner of work left by Carrillion, also lots of damage caused by the workforce when they found out they were being laid off at Xmas how true I don’t know.
I mean, I get wanting to get your own back on a company who does that to you... but imagine smashing up a 'kin hospital ffs

Big Joe want "heavily involved" in the purchase at all. The agreement was between Peel and EFC, with CBRE acting as advisors. As much as Anderson tried to get himself in the middle, he wasn't. In fact, his antics actually annoyed a few at the club.
The early years of the project were dominated by the council's Special Purpose Vehicle idea to attract funding for the stadium.

That idea might have fallen away, but it underlines there's been a closeness of operation between LCC and EFC. The SPV idea was closely associated with the fraudulent activities investigated, Nick Kavanagh.

We cant wish these facts away.

The early years of the project were dominated by the council's Special Purpose Vehicle idea to attract funding for the stadium.

That idea might have fallen away, but it underlines there's been a closeness of operation between LCC and EFC. The SPV idea was closely associated with the fraudulent activities investigated, Nick Kavanagh.

There’s a reason why EFC have distanced themselves from BJ and also his BMD funding facility.

I just don’t know what it is.

I do recall the photos of BJ meeting the Mosh down at BMD when the Mosh first visited BMD.
It all looked quite cosy.

An offer was made by the council, and that offer was not taken up.

I can imagine the conversation now....

"OK, Robert. You won't believe this, but, those corrupt buggers made an offer to act as guarantors for Everton, so that they can, in turn make money to pay for the things we won't fund them for, like social care.

"Well, this is absolutely fantastic, we have got them. So when did they sign on the SPV?

"They didn't, in fact, the club have never made a single mention of the offer and all coverage was pushed by LCC and local media"......

"But, maybe we should check a well known website, because surely the club would have recieved a huge amount of criticism for not being really, really vocal about everything."

Big Joe was heavily involved in our ‘purchase’ of BMD. He was also, at one point, being heavily linked to the financing of the new stadia too.

Whether Everton got wind of his alleged dodgy dealings is a distinct possibility given that he hasn’t been as involved for quite some time.

However, I have seen in the press very recently that a £6k donation to the Labour Party from an EFC Director has been called in to question.

Someone on here claims that Mr Chong (EFC’s new stadia supremo) is allegedly about to be arrested and questioned by the police about the same allegations Big Joe faces.

The Government is about to take control of Liverpool City due to a problem with fraud and underhanded dealings by the council which both supported and enabled BMD.

And some are saying that there is nothing to be concerned about.
There shouldn't be any concern but this IS Everton - nothing is ever simple or easy.
And you couldn't possible begin to guess what goes on in the minds of Tory Govts when it comes to 'Oop North' in general and liverpool the city in particular.

Got sent that myself, funnily enough from a kopite ofcourse, add it to the list of BS that they've sent out over the last few years about this build

The corruption will involve kings construction and other property developers in the city, the £3million LCC gave mark Doyle for an academy to bring apprenticeships through which was a blag (then owner of kings, and someone Stevie mee invested money with in bottled water) *allegedly ofcourse*

We are owned and backed by billionaires who don't need to bribe some local counciler with a new car or a villa

every time one of these whatsapp rumours comes round I always get sent it by a kopite funnily enough. Like the last time when they said Mina butted Richarlison in the changies. Only the lovable reds who don’t realise they’re close friends could make it up.

Of course the recent developments will have some affect on the stadium project but nothing directly. Only in the same way any large project in the city will be affected, they seem to forget that the inspector has been here a good while already and would have already gone through the application thoroughly before it was even approved by the council.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back