New Everton Stadium

@Jacko93 , through the whole of this episode to date, yours have been the single most important and informative posts. When it finally gets built I would love to buy you a pint.....

Cheers pal, but its OK, I've enjoyed it.

One thing to say, is that even when all this is built and we are open, watching games in it, there is still plenty of improvement to come in that area of town, and when it does, people will see the importance of having the stadium there and why this move meant so much to the club, and all involved.

Also, plans are afoot that mean Goodison wont be lost forever.

How is it that you can feel so much anticipation and excitement and yet sadness at the same time. Having started in Boys Pen back in 1966 I've witnessed so many fantastic days at Goodison Park and my entire recollection of Everton Football Club is rooted inside our famous old ground. I want to move to Bramley Moore Dock but at the same time don't. It's a very wierd time for Evertonians of a certain age. I'll be seeking comfort in the fact that I can take my grand kids to the retained centre circle when GP is redeveloped and sit and tell them about the good old days and at the same time take them to BMD and they can create their own memories of EFC. Strange days indeed.

How is it that you can feel so much anticipation and excitement and yet sadness at the same time. Having started in Boys Pen back in 1966 I've witnessed so many fantastic days at Goodison Park and my entire recollection of Everton Football Club is rooted inside our famous old ground. I want to move to Bramley Moore Dock but at the same time don't. It's a very wierd time for Evertonians of a certain age. I'll be seeking comfort in the fact that I can take my grand kids to the retained centre circle when GP is redeveloped and sit and tell them about the good old days and at the same time take them to BMD and they can create their own memories of EFC. Strange days indeed.
I get this, but we have to move forward. We will always have the memories.

My dad taking me to my first game in 1974 is probably my most special

Congratulations everyone! Up The Toffees!!!

Here here

here here.webp

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back