New Everton Stadium

I would say it would have made sense having it around 55k as it would be good commercially to have an extra 2k or so seats for your walk in punter / student / visitor to the city.

Whilst that wont dilute the atmosphere it will put some extra coffers into the accounts and also be good for those who cant afford a season ticket / live further away but wants to get down to the occasional game.
I agree but i don't understand why people are still debating this. We did all this many months ago to death. People need to stop wishing it had this & that & just enjoy what is coming our way.

I suspect the club are relying on the introduction of safe standing to allow a higher than 1:1 ratio in the medium term provided that there is extra capacity inbuilt for entrance and exit of fans (which hopefully we have). I think it will come to pass and we will ultimately have a capacity of around 60,000. Might be 10 years after we move in, mind.

Yup, by which point the transport in that area will be in a much better place, or certainly on its way to it.

In the interest of making money for the club the fan plaza will be massive there can't be anything else like it in English football, were as other clubs lose an awful lot of money during the walk up to boozers, cafes, street vendors etc. Every penny spent within Bramley's imposing walls will be Evertons.

There certainly won't be anything like it in English football, holding a plastic glass while standing in a gale force wind :D

But seriously it will be ridiculous if there isn't any inside/covered comfortable areas for GA supporters.

When people aren't arsed they use the 'Richard' measuring contest. I know i'm not professional the club made their decisions. I think 2 simple things.

One, the bigger capacity the more of a likelihood a lot of ticket prices can be kept down. A smaller capacity means if we want any where near matchday income as our rivals (the big six, not Newcastle, Leicester or Aston Villa) then prices will rise sharpish.

Two, 52,888 might be an increase of around 13000 on Goodison but is that really going to be enough? Goodison isn't 39,414 because we only get that many attending. It's a stadium that has fallen behind in a number of ways to other clubs. If we had 55,000 now we'd fill it. Throw in the waterfront location and day trippers I think there's potenitial for more people wanting to attend.

As for the size as Meis said "size envy". Why not? Why do we, on of the big clubs in the league, have to remain cowering to the likes of City and Liverpool even with a new stadium? The club is moving forward in spite of a lack of confidence in themselves and the fan base. The new stadium should be like one of those in the Euro's. It should be big, bold, triple tiers, 60,000 plus. That's what does my head in it's like we've settled for the scaled back version.
Absolutely spot on. (Plus, whisper it, I don't think the design is all that either)

And we'll get it. What we'll get with it is a 52k seater stadium crammed with 60k fans.
I wouldn't be surprised if once building has started, an application will be put in for more seats and as you say, crammed into the same sized outline. Once building has started, it is easier to get an amendment to make a big building a little bit bigger than it was to start off with the bigger size. Happens all the time in other areas of building

We heard you:D. You can't please everyone ffs . Moaning gits
Oh I'm sure it'll be lovely, but it would be boring if everyone had the same preferences though wouldn't it? Loads of people like it which is great though . And I'm too young to be a git; tosser or moron maybe? Too harsh?

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back