New Everton Stadium

I could be wrong but did I read the other day that Moshiri was funding the first part of the build himself because the outside funding wasn't in place/ready yet?
That’s what I’ve understood from stuff coming out of the club. Certainly this first phase of site set up etc seems to be funded by Mosh the Dosh…. How much and how far his funding will drive the build is a bit less transparent.

I think it is fair for Evertonians to question the funding. We are several years into the process and only last minute it's announced that our owner will personally finance the initial phase, with no mention of where the rest is coming from. Why? Was this forced on him due to lack of interest or was this always the intention? Will his substantial injection affect transfer funding and/or be converted into equity going forward? What will this all mean for our financial bottom line in the short, medium and long term? What will be the annual cost of supporting that loan? I think I read somewhere that it costs Spurs £40m per year. All important factors that could greatly influence our club long after Moshiri sells up.....

I think it is fair for Evertonians to question the funding. We are several years into the process and only last minute it's announced that our owner will personally finance the initial phase, with no mention of where the rest is coming from. Why? Was this forced on him due to lack of interest or was this always the intention? Will his substantial injection affect transfer funding and/or be converted into equity going forward? What will this all mean for our financial bottom line in the short, medium and long term? What will be the annual cost of supporting that loan? I think I read somewhere that it costs Spurs £40m per year. All important factors that could greatly influence our club long after Moshiri sells up.....
I'm guessing bank loans are agreed in principle but need finalising. It reads to me that the owners are keen to get it going. No bad thing.

Joe Lewis gave us an interest free loan to get the basement work started while we finalised our bank loans. So if Moshiri is simply paying for the start of the works (not lending the amount) that sounds like a pretty sweet deal.

Stadium spending is outside FFP so no reason why it should affect transfers. It'd be pretty mean if your owner did decide to tie this input into your transfer budget but that's really not how it sounds to me.

In short, can't see this as being anything but a good thing. Don't think there's any catch. Your owner just wants work to start asap and is happy to put his hand in his pocket to ensure that happens.

give it a rest lad, are you suggesting they are winging a 500m quid job? It will be commercially sensitive and most normals don't give a hoot. Mosh has a estimated £2bn to £4bn, his mate Ushi who has already said on a few occasions that he will help his mate has more cash than the Bank of England.

Passed it on the ferry on the way home yesterday. A few excavators working by the river end. It's going to be a beautiful sight when you come in from the river! Especially as that turd of a hole-punch currently towers above Goodison because it's higher geographically. Can't wait to see it rise in such a prominent position!

I'm guessing bank loans are agreed in principle but need finalising. It reads to me that the owners are keen to get it going. No bad thing.

Joe Lewis gave us an interest free loan to get the basement work started while we finalised our bank loans. So if Moshiri is simply paying for the start of the works (not lending the amount) that sounds like a pretty sweet deal.

Stadium spending is outside FFP so no reason why it should affect transfers. It'd be pretty mean if your owner did decide to tie this input into your transfer budget but that's really not how it sounds to me.

In short, can't see this as being anything but a good thing. Don't think there's any catch. Your owner just wants work to start asap and is happy to put his hand in his pocket to ensure that happens.

To be fair, Moshiri has supported everyone so far with money, even the Corrupt fat sam. He's a bit clueless when it comes to the football side of things but he has financed a lot of stuff and is building a new stadium.

I couldn't complain i fhe decided to pull in the money a bit while the stadium is being built.

give it a rest lad, are you suggesting they are winging a 500m quid job? It will be commercially sensitive and most normals don't give a hoot. Mosh has a estimated £2bn to £4bn, his mate Ushi who has already said on a few occasions that he will help his mate has more cash than the Bank of England.

Give what a rest? The finance issue is perfectly pertinent on this stadium thread. Whether or not they can fund it from their personal bank accounts is possibly irrelevant if that debt (or a large proportion of it) is eventually dropped onto the club, and thus influences future finances. It is also a bit daft to cite their financial clout when several years into a process we're still being continually told that the finances have not yet been finalised. Most "normals" might not be that interested in the finances, as they possibly weren't with Destination Kirkby....... as shown then, it doesn't make them irrelevant!

Give what a rest? The finance issue is perfectly pertinent on this stadium thread. Whether or not they can fund it from their personal bank accounts is possibly irrelevant if that debt (or a large proportion of it) is eventually dropped onto the club, and thus influences future finances. It is also a bit daft to cite their financial clout when several years into a process we're still being continually told that the finances have not yet been finalised. Most "normals" might not be that interested in the finances, as they possibly weren't with Destination Kirkby....... as shown then, it doesn't make them irrelevant!
Are you the esk ?

Went down to the Wing Yip Supermarket earlier today and saw that yellow crane, looked massive approaching from Scottie toad. Also could have sworn there was a another big yellow machine/digger actually in motion. What a place for a ground, simply stunning. Just wondering what road plans are in place to access it? Very bitty drive there now and would be hellish if it stayed the same.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back