New Everton Stadium

It's truly bizarre there are people still going on about it! The redevelopment was considered, investigated and discussed at length for years and years, looking at costs and every possible implication and option! Yet here we are having started at BMD on the build of what will be a truly iconic stadium and the "lets stay at Goodison " shouts have resurfaced - weird!

No-one is going on about it or saying let's stay at Goodison all. If you would like to point to where that has been said, or to reference just one of all those studies with all the respective costings and designs and planning requests with LCC, i would be very interested to see them. Stating categorically that they exist without evidence is weird.

My mention of redevelopment was only in direct response to people claiming that it was not possible.... which is wrong, and even the club admitted that after the kirkby debacle.

Some people spat their dummies because for whatever reason they were unaware of this and disagreed, but couldn't explain why, other than someone's Nan lives in Eton St or something. Furthermore, they had no appreciation of the cost benefit analysis etc that underpins any relocation, and is directly linked to comparisons with redevelopment or other options. This is a moving target affected by a multitude of factors and variables that we have little or no clarity on and has affected stadium builds in the past.... so with that earth shattering revelation, dummies, rattles and even world war 2 shells were chucked out the pram.... and the army had to be called to Crosby beach.

They fail to accept any discussion or that anyone could have reservations or question the project in any way, because apparantly....... they don't want anything to affect the happy clappy positivity of the thread.

They even tried tried to pack me off to another thread haha
sorry Tom, the only realities that can be discussed on this thread are:-

BMD is at the bottom of water street

the area around BMD is like Dubai Marina

the area around BMD has all year round weather like Dubai Marina

the cruise ships are gonna be toppling over like the Costa Concordia with passengers desperate to get a glimpse of it

the fully loaded cruise ships park up here all year round and will be taking up 10,000 seats per match

the jealous ex girlfriend obsession of what the RS are gonna think

grandpa-abe-exit.gif

I very much doubt they will. The internal capacity of the Kop isn't able to safely house more fans than it already has. They would have to rebuild the stand itself to get anywhere near 1.5. The width required for a standing person is larger than that of a seated person. So to get more than 0.8:1 they would have to find rows to put the extra people on. That's even before they consider amenieties, provision of which is more governed now that it was prior to the Taylor report, as i'm sure you know. Would be the same for Everton if we were to make GS all standing. we would likely lose capacity given todays regulations.

" Special dispensation " though...

My point is more that the most restrictive regulations are those for enclosed spaces, i.e sanitary provision, access/egress rates. An existing stand the age of Gwladys Street or the Kop looking to increase capacity by any sort of numbers beyond triple figures would find it very difficult.

would we get a bigger capacity of we went safe standing in Bramley Moore Jacko.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back