New Everton Stadium

Am I wrong but in the moshiri open latter is he saying that he's going to fund the whole stadium build?
He’s saying it’s fully funded, but not by whom.

The absence of any detail on that leads to the assumption it’s him… but I’d be very surprised if he’s using his own personal wealth to directly fund it.

Seems like he is taking a massive gamble….but he sells us with that ground in the future….every penny of it is coming back to him, and not split over banks and diff loans.

Its clever, long term.

He is taking the finacial risk, like he and usmanov said they would have done at Arsenal.

If he's paying it, I'd say it's because of FFP/PL Sustainability. and not being able to spend.

I'm guessing the money that would have been earmarked for paying off the loan, will now go on future transfers with Moshiri topping it up with smaller injections of cash, rather than just throwing £100 mill a season at transfers whilst the club pays off the stadium debt.

Lots of implications if he pays for it himself. I've mentioned one before. Maybe he'll sell the club but keep hold of the stadium and rent it back to us?

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back