New Everton Stadium

But you're mising the point. The general public should be seeing it from all sides.

Do you think the company with stadium naming rights will be made up that wall's there?
Who owns the wall? If the wall is associated with the stadium the naming rights company can put their name big and bold on the wall?

Knock it down.

I tell you what, if you'd give the decision to Everton FC they'd have that wall down as soon as the stadium was built and ready to go.

Half a billion to have it hidden from view.

Pffffft!

And put up what, a metal fence ?. It’s the docks mate, the wall is listed, all the way along, and it stops naughty people bringing in stuff from other docks or the river, and stops Kopites from getting too near to our new stadium. Learn to love it, it’s a piece of history, and it surrounds our new stadium…let the people who go the match or visit the stadium get a wow factor when they pass the wall……

I just believe that the stadium is something we want showing off and not half hidden behind a wall built by French prisoners of war.

I'm sure they wouldn't give a flying one if it were torn down. That's what we have to remember about that wall, btw: it was built up by human misery. That's no loss to anyone.

...and please dont anyone compare the pyramids to some sandstone wall on Regent Road.
To be fair my son, the stadium will be inhabited by thousands brought up on misery and suffering.

God bless.

Maybe rebuild the Berlin Wall around it.

Throw in a few watchtowers, a few machine gun nests and a minefield or two, with Checkpoint Charlie on the way in and he’d be happy ?
Get the wall from Game of Thrones up. We get Jon Snow and the Nights Watch as new mascots and they can patrol the wall in our Orange Order kit looking out for Sh!te Walkers

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back