New Everton Stadium

The rake of the Gwladys Street i mentioned was the lower tier. I have no idea about the upper.

If you have the drawings, can you post what the various rakes are around the ground, please?

I'm out of the country at the moment so cannot check for at least another 2-3 wks (if I can find them).

I also did a survey of the stands about 25yrs ago (but that was about 6 computers ago). My memory isn't great but thought the lower tier was much less than 26° and that the upper tier was low 30's. I even had the traced drawings for the old Park end set against a proposed new stand there from the late 70's. Not sure how accurate the trace was but the old park end lower was dreadfully shallow. (Anyone whoever stood in it would say the same).

The rake of the Gwladys Street i mentioned was the lower tier. I have no idea about the upper.

If you have the drawings, can you post what the various rakes are around the ground, please?
found these in a document, too large to attach

Attachments

• IMG_0052.webp
    IMG_0052.webp
    108.3 KB · Views: 189
  • IMG_0053.webp
    IMG_0053.webp
    166.8 KB · Views: 186
  • IMG_0054.webp
    IMG_0054.webp
    128.6 KB · Views: 189

Weird to see language like "thought to be the remains..." - it was only built 130 years ago and knocked down in living memory of some on this board.

It's hardly Vindolanda.
The thing that strikes me is that the Victorian engineers didn't give a flying one about building the new over the old if it got in the way.

The fetishisation of stuff like walls by the heritage industry today is way beyond it. I can understand the pump house, but FFS a wall?!

I read earlier a bit of the Design and Access document submitted by the club and you can see in the language they'd caved in to demands to preserve that wall and just cut entrances into it.

Joe Anderson's one decent contribution to the debate was to point out that the wall was preventing the citizens of Liverpool if they so wished to get anywhere near the river for large sections of the 8 miles of docks.

I have a fear that it’ll be like the scene in World War Z, when the zombies are trying to scale the wall into Jerusalem. Judging by someone’s comments on here, I’m gathering that the dock wall is about 100 foot tall with far too few egress points?

giphy.gif

Yes like that, but the only difference is that will be us trying to get out after the RS bang in the 5th goal against us.

The thing that strikes me is that the Victorian engineers didn't give a flying one about building the new over the old if it got in the way.

The fetishisation of stuff like walls by the heritage industry today is way beyond it. I can understand the pump house, but FFS a wall?!

I read earlier a bit of the Design and Access document submitted by the club and you can see in the language they'd caved in to demands to preserve that wall and just cut entrances into it.

Joe Anderson's one decent contribution to the debate was to point out that the wall was preventing the citizens of Liverpool if they so wished to get anywhere near the river for large sections of the 8 miles of docks.
the-great-wall-of-china.webp

…regardless, I’ve always liked the Dock Wall and I hope it remains a feature of the city. Indeed, the brickwork and towers around that area, Titanic Hotel and warehouses look terrific. Be a shame if we lose them.

Somebody once thought it was a good idea to build a car park on The Cavern.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back