New Everton Stadium

Seriously? Have you seen the state of some of the pubs around Goodison where fans drink before and after a match? Absolute s***holes. You can't even buy a decent pint.
A crap pub is still more appealing than a footy stand concourse with next to no seating. I'll bet anything less than 1% of GA will stay at the ground for a pint, in fact I'd be anazed if they will be serving after the game.

There's a strange feeling that a new stadium will automatically keep people behind. It won't unless you offer sonething.

As stand alone pillars, these at both ends of the stadium entrance on Regent Road would look great.

dock-gates-to-bramley-moore-dock-liverpool-docks-dockland-uk-future-HP0655.jpg

Would have been good for statues of the Holy Trinity.

It does look alright but I'm not standing there for a pint after games. Just my thoughts.

Fair enough. I think I would. I would imagine that there will be provision to park your arse and put a pint on a table after the match. As I say, EFC will want to make as much money as possible from BMD. The idea that it will be locked up by 5.30pm on a Saturday home game apart from a few posh lounges is just ridiculous.

Weekend games could have live music for an hour
Yeah, imagine this, its November, its freezing, weve just lost 1-3 at home to a promoted team. Half the Park end and Gwladys who wouldve been in the Brick by 74 mins are gonna stick around to watch a glorified open mic night in a stadium concourse, still fuming at what they just witnessed. People who have a 2 hour journey back to Wales or the midlands are gonna say, "Nah, we might as well stick around in the stadium to watch Southampton vs Spurs on the 17.30 game", thats even if the are allowed to broadcast it.

Its fanciful and pie in the sky and depends on numerous factors that simply cannot be controlled, even if they serve food and drink at regular pub prices.

At best, they can leave the concourse open past half time to full time, and hopefully get a bit more business, and they might be able to serve more people in a faster amount of time, but a lot of people who wont pay £10 for a pint and a cardboard sausage roll arent going to pay £20 for a pint and a Halloumi wrap.

Keeping people behind would need some proper planning and thinking, like building a series of designated pubs and restaurants in the vacinity that the club own and run or lease to other businesses.

Existing pubs should do ok out of it like, and Costco is gonna be a nightmare from 5pm onwards on Saturdays.

Yeah, imagine this, its November, its freezing, weve just lost 1-3 at home to a promoted team. Half the Park end and Gwladys who wouldve been in the Brick by 74 mins are gonna stick around to watch a glorified open mic night in a stadium concourse, still fuming at what they just witnessed. People who have a 2 hour journey back to Wales or the midlands are gonna say, "Nah, we might as well stick around in the stadium to watch Southampton vs Spurs on the 17.30 game", thats even if the are allowed to broadcast it.

Its fanciful and pie in the sky and depends on numerous factors that simply cannot be controlled, even if they serve food and drink at regular pub prices.

At best, they can leave the concourse open past half time to full time, and hopefully get a bit more business, and they might be able to serve more people in a faster amount of time, but a lot of people who wont pay £10 for a pint and a cardboard sausage roll arent going to pay £20 for a pint and a Halloumi wrap.

Keeping people behind would need some proper planning and thinking, like building a series of designated pubs and restaurants in the vacinity that the club own and run or lease to other businesses.

Existing pubs should do ok out of it like, and Costco is gonna be a nightmare from 5pm onwards on Saturdays.
Can alcohol even be served in the ground after half time has finished?

God bless.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back