New Everton Stadium

That's exactly what will happen.

No one now calls that thing down at the docks the Kings Dock stadium do they?

It's going to be drummed in by the club and they'll make sure for their naming rights partners that the media only ever refers to this stadium as the '[fill in the blanks corporate name] Stadium'.

The club can name it whatever they like, and change the name depending on the sponsor, but it will be called Bramley Moore…,

The club can name it whatever they like, and change the name depending on the sponsor, but it will be called Bramley Moore…,
Nope.

It wont.

The club and corporate world will call it what they want and that will be repeated by fans.

It just will. There'll be some people who'll refer to it as Bramley Moore, but I dont see a lot. It's not as if the name 'Bramley Moore' has been used by Everton before is it?

If this were Goodison Park being renamed then of course most fans would continue to call it Goodison. But this is just a disused dilapidated old dock that hasn't functioned as anything for decades and has zero emotional pull for Evertonians.

'The Bramley Moore'.

Pffffft!!!!!

I still get utterly confused when I see a tour schedule for bands. I still think of the NEC at Birmingham, as the NEC. Not Motorpoint or whatever it is now.

Thats a point. Has a PL new ground, ever had its name changed from one sponsor to another ? Cos that would do my nut if so.
Leicester’s new ground was originally the Walkers Stadium for the first ten years. Now, the King Power Stadium.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back