New Everton Stadium

I get that, but the Nelson Dock could be used for a lot of stuff: club hotel, mega-store, museum. All lower rise so they dont compromise the stadium's impact.

We can afford to lose the reflection of stadium stand in a pool of water to do all that and still look like a world class venue + location.
There's plenty of space outside of the ground to build that stuff. We don't need to be spending another 100mil to fill in another dock for a shop. It's a wasteland around there so any redevelopment would be good for the city.

I'd like the Nelson Dock drained and built on by the club...which I think will have to be a necessary evolution of the club down at the dock.
terrible take.
The whole design is oriented to look out over Nelson dock with the city behind.
It's as bad as suggesting putting a 10 story hotel between the stadium and mersey.
Also the windmills are cool
and people will be able to get in and out ok.

There's plenty of space outside of the ground to build that stuff. We don't need to be spending another 100mil to fill in another dock for a shop. It's a wasteland around there so any redevelopment would be good for the city.

I'm not sure if you're right on the available space once the stadium and it's extended footprint are in place. That mega-store might have to be less than mega. And what about a museum? Fundamental this.

terrible take.
The whole design is oriented to look out over Nelson dock with the city behind.
It's as bad as suggesting putting a 10 story hotel between the stadium and mersey.
Also the windmills are cool
and people will be able to get in and out ok.

It's not owned and controlled by Everton. There were reports earlier in the week that the dock was up for sale by Peel. It might not have been true this time, but Everton cant dictate what others will want to build around them.

Be sure of this: LFC would have made a land grab down there if they were located there.

There has to be future proofing of this location and its hinterland for the club...at least as much of it as it can secure.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back