New Everton Stadium

If there was no money, Laings would have packed up and gone home. Some critical thinking is required.
LOR are being paid in phased instalments at a set price in return for set completion phases. So that is why I ask when the next phased payment is due, and what happens if the club has not raised the debt in order to pay for that upcoming phase, which is what appears to be the case at present.

LOR are being paid in phased instalments at a set price in return for set completion phases. So that is why I ask when the next phased payment is due, and what happens if the club has not raised the debt in order to pay for that upcoming phase, which is what appears to be the case at present.
Where are you gleaning this info that we haven't raised the capital/debt for the next phase?

If there was no money, Laings would have packed up and gone home. Some critical thinking is required.
Currently there is no finance in place. This is a fact. You can check on companies house and see no finance is in place.

Was a draft agreement in place? Clearly not. Otherwise why would the club have entered into talks with Kenyon’s consortium?

Do Laing have high confidence that finance will happen at some point? Well clearly yes.

But the question is probably about under what terms, and how favourable they are to the club and Moshiri.
The length of time it’s taken makes me think it’s more likely not very favourable

Currently there is no finance in place. This is a fact. You can check on companies house and see no finance is in place.

Was a draft agreement in place? Clearly not. Otherwise why would the club have entered into talks with Kenyon’s consortium?

Do Laing have high confidence that finance will happen at some point? Well clearly yes.

But the question is probably about under what terms, and how favourable they are to the club and Moshiri.
The length of time it’s taken makes me think it’s more likely not very favourable
Well, its also easier to get favorable terms to finance a 500 million stadium when the stadium is built, rather than in the planning stages. Lenders like to lend on real tangible assets. Less risky. Better terms.

If the construction has gotten to its current stage, anyone really worried at this point is just bed-wetting. You dont dump 100-150 million into something to decide later if you might be able to come up with the remaining money. At that point, walking away having lost 150 million is way worse than completing a 500 million project and only getting 425 million back.

You seem to be forgetting the masses of suppliers and subbies. EG, the steel fabrication, the precast concrete, the brickwork facade. None of those are from LOR.

All will have their facilities blocked for months to produce these things for Everton. Like Laings, none of them would have made such a commitment without cast iron assurances over money.

Funding may well be tight, but that stadium is getting built. It's our owners only hope of get the bulk of his money back. I doubt he'll ever get all of his money back unless we have a ridiculously lucky couple of seasons, but those advocating he should entertain offers that see him write off 3/400m are mental.

Finally, to echo what @tommye says, if you haven't been down yet it's well worth a visit. What could be better on a warm summers afternoon/evening than a pint in the Bramley Moore, chatting to fellow blues on the beer pavement (a couple of potted plants may qualify it as a garden) and seeing history being created infront of you.

The steepness of the stands really is something. It's going to be very intimidating. (hopefully for the opposition.)

Moshiri is probably going to have to fund the lot by the looks. If there had been any favourable funding deal, it would've been signed off and proclaimed from every roof top at the first opportunity. It hasn't and apparently the next payment is due. The issue perhaps is not really if Moshiri can fund it, but more about the moving goal posts of rising costs, loss of USM sponsorship and ultimately how much of the final debt eventually lands on the club. That will dictate what it all means to our finances and bottom line going forward.

I'm pretty sure that if we'd have built BMD 30 years ago we would not have been in the mess we are in now. I think we'd have certainly given ourselves a better chance to win a trophy or 2.
I think a larger, modern stadium in a prime location - like @BNJ1878 mentioned - would have over the years likely attracted more potential buyers.

But ifs and buts are just that... we've got to hope now that a new stadium will help contribute to a better era for the club. It's only one part, but it's a step forward.

I'm at a point now where anything they do would be additional to what you fellas are doing. Without the work you and the other drone flyers do we would have had very little info, knowledge or record of anything that has, is or will be done from the day the club took over the site.
Left to them we would have less than an hour of footage in 12 months.

What you fellas are doing and have done is genuinely priceless. Not just for now but generations of blues to come who can look back on every step of the build, the single biggest commitment the club has ever undertaken, and see exactly how we got there and you lads have nailed it and will be remembered for it for a very long time.

I cannot thank you all enough and hope you're all honoured by the club, and the city, for the time, effort and commitment you have all put in. ?
Wow! Thanks so much @tommye ?

I'm like a kid at Christmas every time I go there. You will not regret it. It's genuinely brilliant and something every blue should be proud of.
I'm there every week now, apart from flying the drone I just get a pint and sit in awe of the place, as you say, everyone if they can, go, drink it in as it grows. I'm totally hooked and constantly need my fix

Moshiri is probably going to have to fund the lot by the looks. If there had been any favourable funding deal, it would've been signed off and proclaimed from every roof top at the first opportunity. It hasn't and apparently the next payment is due. The issue perhaps is not really if Moshiri can fund it, but more about the moving goal posts of rising costs, loss of USM sponsorship and ultimately how much of the final debt eventually lands on the club. That will dictate what it all means to our finances and bottom line going forward.
It's looking that way, isn't it?

I'm sure he'd much sooner have a finance deal in place rather than use his own money but if he simply has to stump up, he will.

The rising cost maybe an issue, but were the club (DBB) not shouting from the rooftops a few short months ago how they had negotiated a fixed delivery cost?

Surely they were not being economical with the truth, I mean.... That would be so out of character. :coffee:

I'm there every week now, apart from flying the drone I just get a pint and sit in awe of the place, as you say, everyone if they can, go, drink it in as it grows. I'm totally hooked and constantly need my fix

Ask if you can go upsairs for a better view out of the port holes while you enjoy your pint.

It's looking that way, isn't it?

I'm sure he'd much sooner have a finance deal in place rather than use his own money but if he simply has to stump up, he will.

The rising cost maybe an issue, but were the club (DBB) not shouting from the rooftops a few short months ago how they had negotiated a fixed delivery cost?

Surely they were not being economical with the truth, I mean.... That would be so out of character. :coffee:

I have never seen a major, multi year build delivered as a fixed price. As a contractor you'd be mad to agree to it.

Perhaps the prep works and prefab structure, but once you get into the really time/material consuming bit of fitting it out is where you start to find issues and need rework etc.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back