New Everton Stadium

That's great because that 2nd image now gives us an idea of how far back the South Stand will be going.

Should be a really good update on Sunday as I reckon a couple of more beams will be up on that South Stand

Also that overhang now on the North stand is really prominent. I think that stand in particular with the glass back is going to look fantastic

It would be a nice initiative if the club could invite the lads doing such great work with the drones to be a part of some of the Everton updates and give them their deserved credit.
Agreed. It speaks volumes that for nearly a year the club totally failed to produce anything of similar quality to the ordinary lads. These supporters have done a great job and provided the footage for the benefit of everybody (I'm sure the international Blues across the world in particular are grateful). Now it seems, the club try to put out their own footage on Fridays - presumably to upstage the lads weekend work. So far I've found the club output has been minimal and not as engaging, also the filming is taking place while staff are working and very active on site, which I thought was one of the reasons for weekend only drones. The club officials always seems to be well behind the curve in every aspect, and have been for years.

It's not really though is it?

The Construction documents show where the build was meant to be at week 50; this is way over week 50 and it's not at that point of three stands with their lower deck steel work in place.

It's going well though; let's hope they dont run out of cash.

TBF though Dave, the documents shared in the planning docs will be modelled from a pre-construction gantt chart so that they vaguely mirror what is shown in a fairly basic plan. Once the detail gets added, the plan can look vastly different and is constantly under review. The pace will/may continue but the area of focus may change depending on material and resource/site area availability etc.

In much the same way though, what is 2 months ahead now, can be 2 month s behind yesterdays plan in 2 months, but actually marginally ahead, if that makes sense. The programme is always shifting mid build. The only one that really matters is start date and finish date, and we wont know the state of the latter for a while yet.

TBF though Dave, the documents shared in the planning docs will be modelled from a pre-construction gantt chart so that they vaguely mirror what is shown in a fairly basic plan. Once the detail gets added, the plan can look vastly different and is constantly under review. The pace will/may continue but teh are of focus may change depending on material and resource/site are availability etc.

In much the same way though, what is 2 months ahead now, can be 2 month s behind yesterdays plan in 2 months, but actually marginally ahead, if that makes sense. The programme is always shifting mid build. The only one that really matters is start date and finish date, and we wont know the state of the latter for a while yet.
That's true.

If you were speculating on it would you put much money on 2024/25 being the inaugural season?

Sounds like our fabulous club are giving themselves a huge pat on the back, presumably for work done by the guys with the drones?

"It speaks volumes for the quality of work done by my team at the Club and Laing O’Rourke on the site that the amazing strides being reported each week to keep fans informed are now accepted as the norm" DBB.
‘My team’? Oh dear.. ego.

That's true.

If you were speculating on it would you put much money on 2024/25 being the inaugural season?

With the build techniques being used now by LoR, I would expect that how it is going now we wont see a delay in opening season, but we have an entire winter to navigate yet. The methods that are currently being used, the transport to site of entire walls and complete structures really speed up the process and increase quality, but lifting a 10 meter long wall in high winds is not particularly great, you may as well hoist the main sail. Steel can be lifted in slightly higher winds, but i suspect the weather may have an effect overall. There will absolutely be some slippage written into the programme, it may just be a question of how much.

Right now, I'd be fairly confident, of a 24/25 season opening. Would need a drastic error/event for it not to be.

With the build techniques being used now by LoR, I would expect that how it is going now we wont see a delay in opening season, but we have an entire winter to navigate yet. The methods that are currently being used, the transport to site of entire walls and complete structures really speed up the process and increase quality, but lifting a 10 meter long wall in high winds is not particularly great, you may as well hoist the main sail. Steel can be lifted in slightly higher winds, but i suspect the weather may have an effect overall. There will absolutely be some slippage written into the programme, it may just be a question of how much.

Right now, I'd be fairly confident, of a 24/25 season opening. Would need a drastic error/event for it not to be.

Thanks. Makes sense.

I suppose the conditions would have been baked into the original time line.

It's probably only finances that would stop this from a 2024 finish.

The South end is now has an upper section of steel I see now

Screenshot_20220729-153157_Gallery.webp

Looks amazing in person ?

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back