New Everton Stadium

There's a great photo of Dan Meis and Colin Chong on the podcast released today. They're at ground level somewhere where the pitch will be. One of the stands is in the background (not sure if it is the north or south) and you can clearly see there still a good way to go downwards for the steels. The stands are going to look huge compared to 3 sides of Goodison and the steepness is really going to make you feel like you're on top of the pitch.

On another note, they did say in the podcast that everything is right on schedule.
This one? Looks like the North Stand behind them.

2022.08.16-Dan-Meis-visit-014.JPG

Haha what have we got to do with it, go to their offices or something.

HOS? They have thousands in that department ensuring all corners are covered, try going near the site without any PPE and you'll see.

Blacklisted in recent times has to be justified, disruption, discipline or price manipulation. From a sourcing/procurement point of view, why would they narrow down on their supplier list without a suitable reason?

One thing that should be interesting to many, when looking back at the whole process of 'will it be Stonebridge etc, is when Dan says Moshiri turned up after we had started this with the chairman. The plan for a stadium on the docks has been in place long before Moshiri arrived, it was only ever going to be at the docks. Moshiri arrived because of the stadium, the stadium isn't arriving because Moshiri came.

Its interesting as I think it better shows just how long the process can be to bring a huge project like this to reality.

One thing that should be interesting to many, when looking back at the whole process of 'will it be Stonebridge etc, is when Dan says Moshiri turned up after we had started this with the chairman. The plan for a stadium on the docks has been in place long before Moshiri arrived, it was only ever going to be at the docks. Moshiri arrived because of the stadium, the stadium isn't arriving because Moshiri came.

Its interesting as I think it better shows just how long the process can be to bring a huge project like this to reality.
When you think where we could have moved the blood rounds cold.

When you think where we could have moved the blood rounds cold.

Be in a division or 2 below now if we went to Kirkby, feel like it would have had us down as a club like Wigan/Reading/Bolton.

No way would i have bothered going there to watch us. Those aways are pretty dull especially on a retail park.

Really surprised by that. I thought the whole process including choosing the architecture was accelerated due to the financial presence.

And that stonebridge was pushed to put pressure on the council to keep us close to the city centre / kick start the dock regen / 10 streets.

Really surprised by that. I thought the whole process including choosing the architecture was accelerated due to the financial presence.

And that stonebridge was pushed to put pressure on the council to keep us close to the city centre / kick start the dock regen / 10 streets.

Stonebridge was actually used in conjunction with the council to put pressure on Amazon who were originally going to purchase the land. They ended up building in Warrington instead anyway.

Talking of Ten Streets, I took a virtual walk up and down all ten of them yesterday on Google. It's surprising what's there.

First thing to say is just how many tyre fitters does one city need? There must be about 10 of them. Some of the old warehouses are fantastic and should be brought back into use, a lot of businesses we could expect to stay as there are quite a few modern industrial units dotted around despite the overall shabby feel to the place.

There are also a few hipster places such as the Invisible Fart Powder Factory, Ten Streets Social and I think a tattoo parlour. There are also a surprising number of sites where buildings have been demolished which are behind walls so you can't see from street level (I did street view and the satellite view side by side). I would expect that as Bramley-Moore moves closer some of the dereliction will make way for surface carparks as that would be a quick buck for anybody lucky enough to own anything around there.

I'd like to think that at least some of those derelict buildings will have been brought back to life by the time we move in. Some of the buildings are crying out to be turned into pubs, bars, restaurants and hotels.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back