New Everton Stadium

I remember somebody telling me in the early 90's that EFC and LFC were thinking of building a joint stadium somewhere in the docks. This was before King's Dock, even before Peter Johnson and Cronton (Christ, imagine that).
I think it may if been a suggestion for Kings Dock, before we set on it fully ourselves. Remember reading the sh!te had no interest in it at the time, may of just been talk without any firm discussions though, there'll be someone here who will remember more throughly

I think it may if been a suggestion for Kings Dock, before we set on it fully ourselves. Remember reading the sh!te had no interest in it at the time, may of nust been talk without any firm discussions though, there'll be someone here who will remember more throughly
No. It was the north docks, definitely. That's the rumour I heard 30 or so years ago..

Talking of Ten Streets, I took a virtual walk up and down all ten of them yesterday on Google. It's surprising what's there.

First thing to say is just how many tyre fitters does one city need? There must be about 10 of them. Some of the old warehouses are fantastic and should be brought back into use, a lot of businesses we could expect to stay as there are quite a few modern industrial units dotted around despite the overall shabby feel to the place.

There are also a few hipster places such as the Invisible Fart Powder Factory, Ten Streets Social and I think a tattoo parlour. There are also a surprising number of sites where buildings have been demolished which are behind walls so you can't see from street level (I did street view and the satellite view side by side). I would expect that as Bramley-Moore moves closer some of the dereliction will make way for surface carparks as that would be a quick buck for anybody lucky enough to own anything around there.

I'd like to think that at least some of those derelict buildings will have been brought back to life by the time we move in. Some of the buildings are crying out to be turned into pubs, bars, restaurants and hotels.

That must be where the smell comes from that everyone goes on about

Don't think this has been posted?

We'll be using cutting edge computer software to show fans the view from their seat at the new stadium before it even exists.

Colin Chong - “There will be an opportunity for supporters to sit in a chair, put a headset on and say, 'that’s your view from your seat', even though we haven’t built the seats yet, people will be able to be able to get a sense of what their view will look like in the stadium.

... we’ve built it in the digital world and we’ll be utilising that in our sales suite at the Royal Liver Building that is due to open shortly.”

Talking of Ten Streets, I took a virtual walk up and down all ten of them yesterday on Google. It's surprising what's there.

First thing to say is just how many tyre fitters does one city need? There must be about 10 of them. Some of the old warehouses are fantastic and should be brought back into use, a lot of businesses we could expect to stay as there are quite a few modern industrial units dotted around despite the overall shabby feel to the place.

There are also a few hipster places such as the Invisible Fart Powder Factory, Ten Streets Social and I think a tattoo parlour. There are also a surprising number of sites where buildings have been demolished which are behind walls so you can't see from street level (I did street view and the satellite view side by side). I would expect that as Bramley-Moore moves closer some of the dereliction will make way for surface carparks as that would be a quick buck for anybody lucky enough to own anything around there.

I'd like to think that at least some of those derelict buildings will have been brought back to life by the time we move in. Some of the buildings are crying out to be turned into pubs, bars, restaurants and hotels.

Someone needs to put a BoxPark style location in.

Don't think this has been posted?

We'll be using cutting edge computer software to show fans the view from their seat at the new stadium before it even exists.

Colin Chong - “There will be an opportunity for supporters to sit in a chair, put a headset on and say, 'that’s your view from your seat', even though we haven’t built the seats yet, people will be able to be able to get a sense of what their view will look like in the stadium.

... we’ve built it in the digital world and we’ll be utilising that in our sales suite at the Royal Liver Building that is due to open shortly.”
I mean, I think the whole thing betrays everything the club has ever stood for.

I am also enough of a realist to concede that if it drives revenue, the club should do what must be done. Being a shining light in the darkness doesn't mean much if you're playing in the second tier of English football.

Please excuse me while I dilute my bleach with ice and vodka.

I mean, I think the whole thing betrays everything the club has ever stood for.

I am also enough of a realist to concede that if it drives revenue, the club should do what must be done. Being a shining light in the darkness doesn't mean much if you're playing in the second tier of English football.

Please excuse me while I dilute my bleach with ice and vodka.

Please explain.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back