New Everton Stadium

Care to share? Where does one get a look at that info? We are really hurting as a club.
I guess they’re not kidding when they say building the stadium is going to send us to the championship. Meanwhile Brighton and Hove Albion have a paid for their stadium and made a profit off the sales of Ben White, Cucurella, and Bissouma. They also beat United Week one.
Who’s the captain in charge of the ship that is Everton FC? Too many cooks in the kitchen spoils the pot. We’re really headed for dark times at this rate.
They don’t call me Ross the boss for nothing.

Surprisingly, all of these calculations are built into the structural design and can be handled. All structures have a resonance, a 'rhythm' that once matched will create this effect. As part of structural design they will calculate the frequencies and tweak the structure around that to increase or decrease the frequency of the building. These are wrongly designed at times, and one of the most famous examples was the millenium bridge in London, which suffered due to the fact that its frequency matched nearly perfectly the rhythm of people walking. Once that little sway starts the public found themselves all matching each others strides as their bodies dealt with the movement, that exacerbated the effect.

Wind can also cause it, on bridges specifically, to quite horrifying outcomes.

Getting towards my line of work as a vibration analyst. This one always comes up when describing resonance and natural frequencies.

Errr is that meant to do that?
yeah, I think the bigger problems come if you design it too stiff and you get a breeze it cant deal with, that may not just be on breeze strength but direction, it can set off harmonics within the structure that if it is too stiff it breaks. The successful trees in hurricane vulnerable areas are very bendy.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back