New Everton Stadium

A White Elephant!

Only kidding, lads n lasses.

This ground is gonna be the Mona Lisa of all football grounds. That enigmatic smile and its location will be revered and fawned over for generations to come and the Louvre (or, certainly, the Museum of Liverpool) will have images of it's development behind bullet proof glass so that our great, great grandchildren can gaze in awe at what the GOT team created...along with the funeral masks of The Mosh, Meis and Blue Bill in 24kt pure gold.

King Tut, eat your heart out!

Why is that stand lower btw, is it because that is were that huge tv is going ?

I’m not sure to be fair.

One thing I like about the stadium layout is I think most people would have assumed the stadium would be laying the other way, left to right, rather than top to bottom. The shape of the dock when it had water is probably were most people would draw the pitch in crayon.

It’s so cool that it’s actually not like this and the “home end” / steep single tier wall stand (whatever you want to call it), is kind of defending the city.

As a result I think it meant there was less room to build a huge north stand as to the rear there are some factories, rather than another dock - where I’m curious how much or close of an overhang the finished stadium will have.

That’s possibly why we are seeing centre pieces made of the triangular area stadium side of the davek wall, the south stand which overlooks the dock, and the West stand with its tiered steps and views of the Mersey.

I reckon the pedestrian walking area and access road behind the north stand won’t be anything to shout about as it’ll be hemmed in possibly up to 30ft high by the factories for most of the length of the stadium, whereas the other 3 sides have space and views. I don’t really know.

Just a theory.

Why is that stand lower btw, is it because that is were that huge tv is going ?

It's so it can fit on the site in that orientation. Move the pitch to the south to enable the North stand to be larger and then the South stand would have to be made smaller.

There looks like they'll be two identical screens incorporated into the roof trusses on both ends.

Is there any consent or planning to put more high rise buildings between BMD and Pier Head or will that view remain unimpeded?
Looks like the old Victoria dock(?) is going to get built on where it’s all filled.
695BA06B-1489-49E6-8F51-36E8145BEDAC.webp

Be a shame if we lost the view of the Liver Building

Is there any consent or planning to put more high rise buildings between BMD and Pier Head or will that view remain unimpeded?
Looks like the old Victoria dock(?) is going to get built on where it’s all filled.
View attachment 180284
Be a shame if we lost the view of the Liver Building
There are plans for there but the owners Peel land bank and wait for others to develop it. It'll take an eternity the way they operate.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back