New Everton Stadium

I can understand a bit of it centrally being green, maybe round the dockers clock. But not where the city needs grade a office space and apartments.

Some of the rundown building adjacent, could be knocked down and turned into green space - with sporadic views of the river.

Stop talking sense.

What other self respecting city would waste the opportunity of the north docks by building a huge park? Can you imagine London or even Manchester doing it? No, me neither. We've got a fantastic bit of real estate just sitting there waiting to transform the city. One thing we ain't short of in this part of the world are parks. We need to build top notch offices to encourage world class companies to relocate to bring top paying jobs and a mixture of accomodation from studio apartments to large town houses for aspirant families to move into. A huge park would be a total and utter waste of space and a golden opportunity squandered. Peel need to sell up. They have done nothing with the land they have had for 2 decades.

Not a fan of green space then?

What's your PhD in...Concrete Technology or something? lol

Yeah, it's going to be exactly like Central Park.
You’re talking about wasting valuable real estate.

Upper Manhattan is considerably more valuable than the Liverpool waterfront, and yet they have had an 843 acre municipal green space at the centre of it that has remained undeveloped for over 150 years.

You’re complaining about 5 acres.

Is Stanley Park well maintained? So why wouldn't this one be?
As a very regular user, I would say they do their best, the gardens looked great this morning, but they are up against peoples attitudes of not my problem. Litter and people not picking up after their dogs as ever. The bins are always overloaded which doesn’t help. I would also say the lads who camp and fish could do more by taking their rubbish with them rather than tying a bag to the fence. Also after kids football games the main fields are littered with plastic drinks bottles. It should be a requirement of these leagues that they clean up. Rant over :)

wtf-is-going-2t1ijb.webp

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back