New Everton Stadium

This bit puzzles me. The section image that showed BMD stands being bigger than the main stand at Goodison. Looking at the south stand and north corners is it a trick of the eye because they don't look as high as the Top Balcony. Steep yeah look as steep as the TB but as high, in fact higher? It's hard to tell. Even when you go there you see the scale of the site but the stands are in the distance.
They have slipped into the Mersey

This bit puzzles me. The section image that showed BMD stands being bigger than the main stand at Goodison. Looking at the south stand and north corners is it a trick of the eye because they don't look as high as the Top Balcony. Steep yeah look as steep as the TB but as high, in fact higher? It's hard to tell. Even when you go there you see the scale of the site but the stands are in the distance.

Yeah mate I think it's higher/steeper and thats even without the additional roof section being put on yet.

Meis wasn't wrong, that South Stand is so steep that it'll look like it's bloody vertical when in full voice.

It's a trick of the eye, because its a small 3rd tier. In reality, the back of the Top Balcony towards the Park End is only similar in height to the roof of Park End and, by association, the Bullens and Gwladys, which are all dwarfed by the new stands. My seat in TB, and im Row G, so about half way up, is roughly at the level of the Park End roof, which unfortunately means i can see the Hole Punch. Towards the Glawdys, there are probably about twice as many rows, so at the very back, it would probably be about 15-20 metres higher(?).

To give you an idea, the current park end stand, with a much shallower viewing angle, holds about 5,700. The new single tier South end stand will hold more than double at around 13,000.

It's a trick of the eye, because its a small 3rd tier. In reality, the back of the Top Balcony towards the Park End is only similar in height to the roof of Park End and, by association, the Bullens and Gwladys, which are all dwarfed by the new stands. My seat in TB, and im Row G, so about half way up, is roughly at the level of the Park End roof, which unfortunately means i can see the Hole Punch. Towards the Glawdys, there are probably about twice as many rows, so at the very back, it would probably be about 15-20 metres higher(?).

To give you an idea, the current park end stand, with a much shallower viewing angle, holds about 5,700. The new single tier South end stand will hold more than double at around 13,000.

At 60rows, the South stand is 20 rows deeper than the Park end. That and the new corner sections give the total capacity uplift. For another perspective, the new Anfield Rd End will have 84rows in total and almost 16k capacity. Of course our South stand could match that capacity if the increased ratio safe-standing ever comes in. LFC's architects say they have used a downward sloping roof for acoustic effect, to funnel the noise down onto the pitch. Our architects say the upturned roof enhances the acoustics. I'm not sure both can be right. We'll have to wait and see.

No new stands will be as steep as the Top Balcony, which is currently at 38° rake angle, but at 34° each row will appear to be head and shoulders above each other..... except perhaps in the 2 step standing row sections. Will look impressive when full.... patchy if not.

At 60rows, the South stand is 20 rows deeper than the Park end. That and the new corner sections give the total capacity uplift. For another perspective, the new Anfield Rd End will have 84rows in total and almost 16k capacity. Of course our South stand could match that capacity if the increased ratio safe-standing ever comes in. LFC's architects say they have used a downward sloping roof for acoustic effect, to funnel the noise down onto the pitch. Our architects say the upturned roof enhances the acoustics. I'm not sure both can be right. We'll have to wait and see.

No new stands will be as steep as the Top Balcony, which is currently at 38° rake angle, but at 34° each row will appear to be head and shoulders above each other..... except perhaps in the 2 step standing row sections. Will look impressive when full.... patchy if not.
Downward roof feels more claustrophobic imo. Ours will look and feel more spacious. Having the corners filled in has also got to improve the acoustics as the noise can travel around the ground unimpeded.

If it's all as high as the main stand once the roof is on then it will look very big. If you're stood at the turnstiles on Goodison Road and look up the Main Stand is still impressive in height despite it being over 50 years old. It's good that you'll be able to see all of the ground from all of the ground (as I understand it). That's not quite the case at GP especially at the back of the lower Gwladys Street and under the Bullens, for example. I think that will help the atmosphere.

From the Ferry today.

20220905_113548.webp

Pictures, videos dont do the size justice. Was blown away by the structure monday when i went down there

And let's not forget, the closet you can get to the ground at the moment is at the gates to the site. It's probably the same distance from standing on County Road looking down one of the side street at GP. Imagine once it's got a roof and you're stood next to it.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back