New Everton Stadium

Let’s not kid ourselves, this is what Bill Kenwright wanted for Everton. Then he got lucky he found someone stupid enough to keep him around for Bramley Moore.
209FD6E1-DD80-458C-BF46-AA4CF22A1648.webp
B3131545-607D-44B4-9BE7-5A49A6F91FB8.webp

Mentioned a few pages back about the Cunard pub on the corner of Boundary Street and how it would make a great pre-match pub for the new stadium. I noticed this morning that they started work on it. Could be a prelude to it being demolished, having said that. Anybody know?

Let’s not kid ourselves, this is what Bill Kenwright wanted for Everton. Then he got lucky he found someone stupid enough to keep him around for Bramley Moore.View attachment 189851View attachment 189852

That 1st pic I always used to look at the building on the right and think "why are we making our stadium look like a Supermarket".....then in the background you'd then notice a crappy cardboard box stadium that was going to be Evertons, less spectacular than the Supermarket to the right.

That 1st pic I always used to look at the building on the right and think "why are we making our stadium look like a Supermarket".....then in the background you'd then notice a crappy cardboard box stadium that was going to be Evertons, less spectacular than the Supermarket to the right.
After the abject failure to raise a mere £30 million for Kings Dock, the future Bill had mapped out for us was literally a stadium in a Tesco car park. In Kirkby.

Thank Christ Gordon Brown’s government called it in and cancelled it for us.

Let’s not kid ourselves, this is what Bill Kenwright wanted for Everton. Then he got lucky he found someone stupid enough to keep him around for Bramley Moore.View attachment 189851View attachment 189852
I can’t get over how hideous the design and materials were for that stadium. That insipid stonework is awful.

It’s like the supermarket architect was asked to do it in the half hour before submission.

If I may say, this is a bananas perspective.

There is no stadium without Moshiri.

Bill blew it over Kings Dock. We needed £30 million for that and he couldn’t raise it.
Even worse than that. He rejected the offer of the money from a fellow board member because it would have meant him ceding more control over his favorite toy. Everton.
Moshiri needed £500 million - almost 17 x more - for Bramley Moore and it’s actually happening.
Because he's commited to progress over misty eyed reminiscing about long past glories.
Make no mistake, Kirkby would have been terminal for Everton.

Phase one: Make us in a par with Bolton/Wigan

Phase two: The Chairman acts all surprised when the massive uplift in corporate clients isn't infact attracted to a supermarket car park.

Phase 3: Bury FC.

Phase 4: Tearful Bill whining about doing his best and his sycophantic supporters sadly nodding along with him.

Mentioned a few pages back about the Cunard pub on the corner of Boundary Street and how it would make a great pre-match pub for the new stadium. I noticed this morning that they started work on it. Could be a prelude to it being demolished, having said that. Anybody know?
Land around the ground is discretely and not-so-discretely being bought up. I personally know someone who sold a unit near the Ten Street Social.

All the capital, and some more, went into an ex-pub and unit close to the ground, with the prospect of when the grounds built it’ll reopen.

This is happening to a few sites. If you’re sitting on cash, it’s worth looking into.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back