New Everton Stadium

More garbage posted 11 hours ago, linked to that kopite Hughes’s disgraceful hit piece about the ground on another one of the athletics “pages” -Tifo football. I’ve messaged the Everton stadium and the club about it - absolute joke.

Messaged them about what?

Journalists doing factual, historical pieces?

I thought that video was interesting.

Messaged them about what?

Journalists doing factual, historical pieces?

I thought that video was interesting.
It is indeed interesting but there is defo an agenda behind it.

The history should never be forgotten and rightly, Everton are making effort to recognise this but this is a "hidden hit" piece designed to undermine us as a Club. IMO

What’s going on in this here deleted tweet
7EABC5DF-1396-4EE1-A26F-9D75E218AA69.webp

The club will freely and correctly acknowledge who Bramley Moore was, where his wealth came from. We won't hide from the dreadful things he profited from.

It's a matter of historical record - and Everton has no more responsibility for it than any other institution on Merseyside.

We shouldn't get angry about it being pointed out by others, either.

That just suggests we're defensive about it, which we have no need to be.

The club will freely and correctly acknowledge who Bramley Moore was, where his wealth came from. We won't hide from the dreadful things he profited from.

It's a matter of historical record - and Everton has no more responsibility for it than any other institution on Merseyside.

A good point!

That's not the issue. The issue is that a 'journalist' ran a piece about Everton FC's need to address this matter and "grab the opportunity" of marking the heritage of the stadium location...and then never approached the club for a comment about it....even though they had to know the club had stated already they would mark the site with a memorial,.

The fact it was a 'journalist' well known for his slavish devotion to Liverpool FC in print justifies the condemnation.

Your reaction just plays into that scumbag's hands.

It's more about the language used, the title of the video I posted was 'The bleak history of the dock' or it was 'bleak history of the new Everton stadium', one or the other that they've since changed the title to 'Bleak history of John Bramley Moore'. Which is better but still has very little to do with us bar from a patch of land that bears his name.

The dock was opened well after slavery was abolished in the UK but you'd think the way they are carrying on that the revolution on the Amistad was quelled and they then sailed to Liverpool to dock at BM so they could drown all the men in it. When the modern people of today read these sort of things the details don't stick it's just the mud. A tarnishing of reputation by association, bad, bad Everton etc. and probably a way of the RS reporters getting their pound of flesh for all the legitimate negative stories from when them lot bought up houses and left the neighbourhood in a state for their own ends.

That's not the issue. The issue is that a 'journalist' ran a piece about Everton FC's need to address this matter and "grab the opportunity" of marking the heritage of the stadium location...and then never approached the club for a comment about it....even though they had to know the club had stated already they would mark the site with a memorial,.

The fact it was a 'journalist' well known for his slavish devotion to Liverpool FC in print justifies the condemnation.

Would have been better off running around to find buyers for the RS.

Your angry reaction perpetuates the noise around this, and that's bad for a couple of reasons.

First, it encourages more articles like it in a media landscape where 'engagement' means revenue.

Secondly, it makes it seem like elements of the fanbase want this to stop being talked about.

But you're a perpetual rage machine, I wouldn't expect you to see reason on that front.

Its history, knocking statues down and changing names wont help, if you dont have history you cant change the future, we could all find some country or race who did something bad in the past,

I am starting a petition to demolish the 'Empire' .

Every time I go to see a show pangs of retrospective guilt just overwhelm me.

We need to erect a new building in a Stalinist brutalist style, possible called the 'Diane Abbott PC Variety Theatre'.

Your angry reaction perpetuates the noise around this, and that's bad for a couple of reasons.

First, it encourages more articles like it in a media landscape where 'engagement' means revenue.

Secondly, it makes it seem like elements of the fanbase want this to stop being talked about.

But you're a perpetual rage machine, I wouldn't expect you to see reason on that front.
It's obvious politics we're dealing with here. It ought to be seen as such and smashed. Hughes is not interested in engaging in debate: he's interested in only one thing - taking the shine off that new stadium and winding Evertonians up.

Wake up and smell the coffee.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back