New Everton Stadium

I agree. I dont hide from it. I ask that a comment from the club should have been sought and the Kopite chimp neber did that because it didn't suit his agenda.

The B-M name will wither away soon enough when the stadium is named.

I've been consistent about this all along...and proven correct. As usual.
Proven correct?

We still use the name and we should never hide from it.

Its not part of Evertons history, its part of the history of the world, we should embrace that 300 years later we MOSTLY try and not keep slaves.

Proven correct?

Its not part of Evertons history, its part of the history of the world, we should embrace that 300 years later we MOSTLY try and not keep slaves.
It wont be used in relation to Everton by outsiders. Just as they dont say "I'm travelling to watch my team play at Goodison Road against Everton", neither will they say in future "I'm travelling to Bramley Moore to watch us play Everton".

They use and the media will use the name of the stadium.

It wont be used in relation to Everton by outsiders. Just as they dont say "I'm travelling to watch my team play at Goodison Road against Everton", neither will they say in future "I'm travelling to Bramley Moore to watch us play Everton".

They use and the media will use the name of the stadium.

Reasonably sure that Barcelona fans dont say "we are going to the Spotify Nou Camp, or Spotify Camp Nou", these days.

With BMD being a new ground, you may be correct, and whatever it ends up being called/sponsored by, will be the name folk refer to it as.

One other thing on the stadium issue in relation to Chimp Hughes:

If he had one iota of a clue of the city of Liverpool and the all pervasive connection it has with slavery he'd realise that the land around Anfield was owned, before being sold off to private individuals and Liverpool Corporation, by men who made their cash as a result of the Atlantic slave trade. The whole district of Everton was settled by people like George Campbell and William Myers who were steeped in the slave trade business coming through the port and who built vast estates in the district with it.

Then again, if Hughes did know stuff like that he'd bury the information.

Overall: you couldn't swing a cat in Liverpool during that period without hitting people with connections to slavery...and the cash they got from it built up every part of the city as it was then and its satellite townships like Everton.

We need to take no lessons on the history of slavery from a Kopite propagandist who ignores all that.

More garbage posted 11 hours ago, linked to that kopite Hughes’s disgraceful hit piece about the ground on another one of the athletics “pages” -Tifo football. I’ve messaged the Everton stadium and the club about it - absolute joke.

2:50.... that's definitely this forum at the bottom of the screen.

Reasonably sure that Barcelona fans dont say "we are going to the Spotify Nou Camp, or Spotify Camp Nou", these days.

With BMD being a new ground, you may be correct, and whatever it ends up being called/sponsored by, will be the name folk refer to it as.
Bramley Moore will be eventually (and correctly) remembered by a stone on a wall with his name.

Proven correct?

Exactly.
Slavery was the way of the World for thousands of years.
The people of this country (inc this City) financed the policing of the seas to stop it , long before other countries did.

But it's there , it's history, and a lesson learned.

The club will freely and correctly acknowledge who Bramley Moore was, where his wealth came from. We won't hide from the dreadful things he profited from.

It's a matter of historical record - and Everton has no more responsibility for it than any other institution on Merseyside.

We shouldn't get angry about it being pointed out by others, either.

That just suggests we're defensive about it, which we have no need to be.

I haven't read the article or watched the video. A simple observation is that the writer is trying to associate Everton Football Club & our new ground, with
historical events IE the slave trade, because the dock is so named after this particular person, can't think of his name, any clues?

Events, and people that was hitherto both collectively all of our responsibility (Liverpool the city, the British Empire, all of society) and also in equal
measure completely not connected to Everton Football Club. It just so happens it's the name of a dock, one of many docks on the Mersey, and the dock where we're going to be based for the next hundred years or so.

The link is in the name of the dock, that's all. Very tenuous. To reference anything more between EFC and any other negative connotation's is very scurrilous indeed. I think the club needs to contact their lawyers about it if they haven't already!

I haven't read the article or watched the video. A simple observation is that the writer is trying to associate Everton Football Club & our new ground, with
historical events IE the slave trade, because the dock is so named after this particular person, can't think of his name, any clues?

Events, and people that was hitherto both collectively all of our responsibility (Liverpool the city, the British Empire, all of society) and also in equal
measure completely not connected to Everton Football Club. It just so happens it's the name of a dock, one of many docks on the Mersey, and the dock where we're going to be based for the next hundred years or so.

The link is in the name of the dock, that's all. Very tenuous. To reference anything more between EFC and any other negative connotation's is very scurrilous indeed. I think the club needs to contact their lawyers about it if they haven't already!
How anyone is struggling to see all that is beyond me.

Hughes' intention was to weaponise Liverpool's history against Everton FC.

And some people are naively seeing him as a good faith actor.

Incredible.

It's nigh time the club took the velvet gloves off and smashed that sinister propagandist with an iron fist.

That’s a long post on the subject considering your first sentence.

How anyone is struggling to see all that is beyond me.

Hughes' intention was to weaponise Liverpool's history against Everton FC.

And some people are naively seeing him as a good faith actor.

Incredible.

It's nigh time the club took the velvet gloves off and smashed that sinister propagandist with an iron fist.
Your fume knob is set to 100 for everything.

As a result, it’s really rather difficult to tell where this sits on the rage scale that also features walls and wind turbines, but I’m sure it’s all very important.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back