New Everton Stadium

Looking at the part of the wall above with the name of the dock on, what do you think we should do with it? Leave it, put something else next to it, cover it up? Just asking, like.

Looking at the part of the wall above with the name of the dock on, what do you think we should do with it? Leave it, put something else next to it, cover it up? Just asking, like.
It's part of the dock wall and therefore part of a listed structure . It can't be moved or modified without council permission. I don't see any reason to do anything with it.

It's part of the dock wall and therefore part of a listed structure . It can't be moved or modified without council permission. I don't see any reason to do anything with it.
Exactly. Leave it as it is.

The history of Bramley Moore is absolutely nothing to do with Everton. The fact that Everton stated early on in the planning process that they would recognise the docks history by means of an exhibition of sorts means they're not brushing it under the carpet.

Somthing Kopite Hughes could have clarified had he bothered to pick up the phone. (or even did a bit of basic research)

Some more pictures please @tommye to divert from the boring stuff ?
Couldn't get there yesterday, was in Preston, Blackpool and Fylde.
Stoke and Leek today ffs.

However...
20221111_170041.jpg
20221111_170045.jpg

20221111_170109.jpg
20221111_170216.jpg
20221111_170224.jpg

20221111_170422.jpg

2nd roof truss support had gone up

Definitely leave it at it is. It's not for Everton to apologise or even explain the history behind the Dock, although I'd personally would like to see them acknowledge its history in some tasteful way.

Definitely leave it at it is. It's not for Everton to apologise or even explain the history behind the Dock, although I'd personally would like to see them acknowledge its history in some tasteful way.

We are preserving/restoring about 60 items of historic interest and relevance at the site.

Liverpool did the polar opposite when expanding their ground. Our conscience is clear. Very clear.

Anyone know if the fan plaza areas will be open during the match for people without tickets?
I think it highly unlikely they will want to clog the dock wall opening pinch points with extra ticket checks.

There will also be the opportunity for merchandise sales (the club shop will be in the stadium) as well as other food and drink retail that it’d be unnecessary to close off from non-ticket holders.

In reality, I think there will be so few people there without tickets that it won’t be a problem.

I think it highly unlikely they will want to clog the dock wall opening pinch points with extra ticket checks.

There will also be the opportunity for merchandise sales (the club shop will be in the stadium) as well as other food and drink retail that it’d be unnecessary to close off from non-ticket holders.

In reality, I think there will be so few people there without tickets that it won’t be a problem.
Need to watch out for those troublesome French youths

Sensibly? In what sense? They should hold out for more? Just asking.
Sorry for the late reply; it slipped through the net, unfortunately. Terry's Timber is in a great location that serves it well. To sell up could impact the business.

The amount offered wasn't great, hence it'd be good business for them to wait. Everton, on the other hand, would have preferred to buy cheap.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back